Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear D6200 setup for Eir Fibre

Options
  • 24-07-2016 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup my Netgear D6200 instead of using the supplied F2000 from Eir.

I cannot get it to work, so am looking for help.

So far have the following settings:

INTERNET SETUP
    Does your internet connection a login: YES
    Encapsulation: PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet)
    Login: eir <at> eir.ie
    Password: broadband1

Internet IP Address: Get dynamically from ISP

ADSL SETTINGS
    Multiplexing Method: LLC-BASED
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    DSL Mode: Auto

WAN SETUP
    Use VLANID: 10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Won't work. You bought an ADSL2+ modem but are subscribed* to VDSL2. Incompatible.

Your options are bridge so its Eir->F2000->D6200 or return it and buy something suitable (Only a few VDSL2 modems will work).

*Unless you have Eir VOIP and have ADSL but still get an F2000

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BuckyBKatt

Thanks for the response ED E, It a router i have hanging around a while and only recently moved from UPC to Eir......

Anyways, would you recommend any particular wireless router.
    NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 i am thinking of getting.

If you were using it as a wireless AP with Virgin then I'd just to the same with Eir, its a perfectly capable device for wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bobman1

Hi ED
    I'm having similar problems with a Netgear D7000 modem router that I just bought. I can't get it to connect. Have spent hours at it and I can't get the internet light to come on. The only tip I have picked up on the forums tonight is the vlan setting and I don't think I have enabled this - not sure if this is critical?

Really hoping I haven't bought an incompatible device - PC World said it was suitable for Eir and spent a lot of money on it !! The F2000 is crap. Have had 3 of them in the last 2 weeks.

Any advice appreciated
    Cheers bobby

VLAN most likely is critical, the exchange should drop untagged packets (yours) under normal configurations.

1%2858%29.png

Clicking the checkbox (default of 10 is correct) and reconnecting should be enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement