Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone moving to canada soon?

Options
  • 23-07-2016 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

anyone moving over soon? i have visa for 2 years

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jmd182

Hey I am! But not until January 2017 got my Visa a couple weeks ago. When are you planning on going and what area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GerMD

Hi,

I was planning on going in September but am having second thoughts. I've heard it is difficult to secure a job and a place to stay and that it isn't cheap. Do you have a job out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Liamu2

iv heard all that too but gona go either way ..all same stuff no matter where you go tbh no job yet

Good attitude! Where are you flying from and to?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Liamu2

GerMD wrote: »
    Good attitude! Where are you flying from and to?

flying from dublin to vancouver with stop at torronto with west jet ..

yeah i going try keep a positive attitude about it all or else you have failed before you start ..

might be differeny story when i move over tho haha

i heard all that stuff about oz too and moved there for a year and got on reasonably well..everyone has a different experience so with a bit of luck and a decent attitude hopefully it will all work out

• Advertisement

Ok, very good. I thought you might be going with BUNAC. Have you heard of them? There next group flight to Vancouver is the 13th of September. This is the one I am planning to go on.

You're right people's experience vary. I guess like everything, you make what you want of it. I think networking seems to be key which is always the case with Irish and a bit of luck too!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Collinsfella

GerMD wrote: »
    Hi,

I was planning on going in September but am having second thoughts. I've heard it is difficult to secure a job and a place to stay and that it isn't cheap. Do you have a job out there?

In fairness you could say the same about every city in every country some are more lucky then others also everyone has different opinions on what is expensive and what is not also as far as jobs go there's always jobs just not jobs most people are willing to work but your first job you should look for something simple coffee shop , mcdonalds or waiter etc , If you are really interested just go the worst that can happen is you have to come home but atleast you tried

Advertisement