Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone of have any experience dealing with World Education Services?

Options
  • 23-07-2016 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Im trying to apply for PR at the moment and so I had my degree transcripts etc. sent off to WES to perform the ECA. Yesterday I got a message saying they'd rejected my documents because
    Academic Transcript
    The document was not received from the institution or the appropriate examining body that awarded the degree/diploma as required by WES.

Your degree was awarded by the Higher Education and Training Awards Council (HETAC).

Firstly their original document requirements stated they wanted a diploma supplement not an academic transcript so thats a contradiction right off the bat. Secondly its literally impossible to get my academic transcript sent by HETAC as they dont have it and also dont exist anymore. HETAC were the awarding body but the academic institution is Griffith College, who actually have my records and who were the ones I had send my diploma supplement to WES in the first place.

Has anyone dealt with WES in a situation like this? Is it just a misunderstanding or do they genuinely want my academic transcript sent to them by a government body which doesn't have my academic records, had nothing to do with my academic instruction so never had my records and also dont exist anymore?

I know GCD send stuff to WES all the time so Im definitely not the first person to try to get an ECA done on a HETAC/QQI degree but its impossible to get any kind of clarification from these guys on what to do.

Theyve also asked for a letter to be sent to them directly from QQI which is fine but again they made absolutely no mention of this in the original document requirements.

Im going to try calling again on Monday but any advice anyone has would be appreciated. Its frustrating as this ECA is the difference between me having enough points to be invited to apply for PR and me sitting just underneath the threshold.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Im trying to apply for PR at the moment and so I had my degree transcripts etc. sent off to WES to perform the ECA. Yesterday I got a message saying they'd rejected my documents because

Firstly their original document requirements stated they wanted a diploma supplement not an academic transcript so thats a contradiction right off the bat. Secondly its literally impossible to get my academic transcript sent by HETAC as they dont have it and also dont exist anymore. HETAC were the awarding body but the academic institution is Griffith College, who actually have my records and who were the ones I had send my diploma supplement to WES in the first place.

Has anyone dealt with WES in a situation like this? Is it just a misunderstanding or do they genuinely want my academic transcript sent to them by a government body which doesn't have my academic records, had nothing to do with my academic instruction so never had my records and also dont exist anymore?

I know GCD send stuff to WES all the time so Im definitely not the first person to try to get an ECA done on a HETAC/QQI degree but its impossible to get any kind of clarification from these guys on what to do.

Theyve also asked for a letter to be sent to them directly from QQI which is fine but again they made absolutely no mention of this in the original document requirements.

Im going to try calling again on Monday but any advice anyone has would be appreciated. Its frustrating as this ECA is the difference between me having enough points to be invited to apply for PR and me sitting just underneath the threshold.

I think I had to contact my college and they basically asked for an email address to give access to to view the record. WES should give you an email address and once that is sorted they can view that stuff online. Could be different with your college.

Advertisement