Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing my laptop.

Options
  • 23-07-2016 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking at finally replacing my laptop (Dell Studio 1557), which kicked the bucket awhile ago, and was wondering if anyone could recommend something? Feeling slightly out of my element searching as I haven't looked for one in about 7 years.

Had in mind something with a fairly standard screen size. I've external hard drives so not too considered with having a massive amount of internal storage. Would like to keep under €750 but if an extra €50 is going to get me a better laptop or will get something I'll be able to upgrade myself in the future I can stretch the budget a little.

Not looking for anything fancy as it'll mostly be used for the usual bit of work, Internet, watching films, music, etc. Not much of a gamer although I'd occasionally throw on a Playstation or N64 emulator. I'd like to be able to run some Adobe creative software like Illustrator or InDesign without trouble, and have no intentions of doing any video editing.

Something that runs relatively quietly would be nice too as the old Dell got pretty loud at times with its fan.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

Advertisement