Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a "curvy" bikini

Options
  • 23-07-2016 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

I'm going away in October and want a bikini that won't look a state on me. Something high waisted maybe that will keep my love handles undercover. I've checked the usual websites and there's nothing I think would suit my shape. I hold any excess weight around my middle, think Homer Simpson. Any suggestions?[/quote

I have same shape. Not sure what size or age you are but Would you consider a swim dress? I bought one in simply be a few years ago. I found it very flattering. I've lost weight since then but still a bit conscious of my body so I've bought surf board shorts from ali express and will get a bikini top to go with it. I'm not really a beach person so I'll just wear a t shirt over that so at least I'll look 'beachy' when I'm there a couple of times on hols.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32608461387.html?aff_click_id=5b264e025bb6430883e4edf401e6b1a2-1469260691979-01837-UneMJZVf&aff_platform=y I got these. They are good quality for the price. I didn't buy the matching ones for oh though!

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    I'm going away in October and want a bikini that won't look a state on me. Something high waisted maybe that will keep my love handles undercover. I've checked the usual websites and there's nothing I think would suit my shape. I hold any excess weight around my middle, think Homer Simpson. Any suggestions?[/quote

I have same shape. Not sure what size or age you are but Would you consider a swim dress? I bought one in simply be a few years ago. I found it very flattering. I've lost weight since then but still a bit conscious of my body so I've bought surf board shorts from ali express and will get a bikini top to go with it. I'm not really a beach person so I'll just wear a t shirt over that so at least I'll look 'beachy' when I'm there a couple of times on hols.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32608461387.html?aff_click_id=5b264e025bb6430883e4edf401e6b1a2-1469260691979-01837-UneMJZVf&aff_platform=y I got these. They are good quality for the price. I didn't buy the matching ones for oh though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

Ali express is China based and really cheap but be prepared to wait between 3-6 weeks for delivery

keavebm wrote: »
    Ali express is China based and really cheap but be prepared to wait between 3-6 weeks for delivery

I got mine within a week which was unbelievably quick. I've ordered another pair. God knows when they'll arrive. Sports direct do a similar type of shorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Fatface do shorts too, if you want to try instore

912505_Black?$pdmain$

912510_Multi?$pdmain$

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Debenhams have a good selection of those type of shorts, and high waisted bikinis. Most of them seem to be on sale now too.
    http://m.debenhams.ie/women/shorts/casual-shorts/mantaray

http://m.debenhams.ie/women/swimwear-beachwear

If you've a store near you you can order what you want online and then bring it back to the shop. I've been known to order about 10 different swimsuits just so I can try them all on and see what suits! Then return most of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

They have this style in dunnes at the moment, I think they are awesome. I have to hide some surgery scars... Few different patterns.

1780821_print.jpg

Maybe head in and try them on and see if the style suits.
    There are online places to order from if it does... Never ordered from here, but they seem to have loads.
    http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/High-Waist-Swimwear-Bikinis-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I second simplybe. They have a great range and really good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jelone

Debenhams got the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 TruncatisVinea

I'm going away in October and want a bikini that won't look a state on me. Something high waisted maybe that will keep my love handles undercover. I've checked the usual websites and there's nothing I think would suit my shape. I hold any excess weight around my middle, think Homer Simpson. Any suggestions?

I ordered a couple from sportsdirect online for really cheap and arrived in about a week. Good quality too not cheapo stuff.
    H+M had lots on their website too but didn't end up getting them.

How's the quality like?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublintweety

Change are really good for bikinis and you can try them on which is a bonus - not sure where you are based but they are in Pavilions Shopping Centre and Omni Shopping Centre in Dublin, Dundalk, Galway & Kilkenny. I bought two on sale & they have lasted 3 sun holidays - really good quality.

sounds good

Advertisement