Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Autumn schedules

Options
  • 23-07-2016 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Any hopes or predictions for the rte autumn television schedules? Is anything not returning ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,298 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

All I've heard about is an Operation Transformation series with celebrities.

http://entertainment.ie/tv/news/Heres-the-lineup-for-the-first-ever-Celebrity-Operation-Transformation/383360.htm

Hopefully season 2 of Gotham!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

Gotham did very poorly in the ratings for rte2, if it returns i expect it will be shown at 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Blue Heelers -RTE stopped mid way through a series.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Gotham did very poorly in the ratings for rte2, if it returns i expect it will be shown at 3am.

RTÉ2 isn't doing well.

A few hints in the BAI S&V funding

2nd season of rebellion
    Court room drama with Amy Huberman
    More constructed factual for RTÉ including a show about growing up trans

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

All I've heard about is an Operation Transformation series with celebrities.

http://entertainment.ie/tv/news/Heres-the-lineup-for-the-first-ever-Celebrity-Operation-Transformation/383360.htm
    The word 'celebrity' is being used very, very loosely.
    oddly enough I've actually heard of half of them :eek:

Though the only person I might be interested in doesn't sound like she doesn't need to go on the show
    Elaine Crowley: "I’m always up for a challenge to be quite honest. Realistically speaking I want to get fit and I want to get consistently fit. It’s very easy to go on health kicks now and again and you can do it for a couple of weeks but I want to get myself motivated. So hopefully this will give me the tools to do it consistently and long-term. I did a 10k race in December but in April I got a bad chest infection so my fitness levels are pretty much at zero now."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Worth noting that Netflix plan on adding Gotham series 2 in the UK next month. While there are apparently some very small differences between Netflix UK and Ireland they are 99% the same, so if it's also added in Ireland I would take the view that RTE have waived their right to show it first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

Afaik it was only getting something like 80k viewers on rte2

Afaik it was only getting something like 80k viewers on rte2

That's fantastic for RTE2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

People who were fans of Gotham could have watched Season on Channel 5 HD ages ago on Monday nights at 10pm if they had Freesat either on it's own or from Sky or Sky with Other Channels.

Season 3 of Gotham is about to start on FOX on September 19th. Channel 5 will show it a week or two after I think.

Regarding other shows in RTE. The only ones I could think of are the usual chat shows like the LLS or Ray Darcy Show & Winning Streak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Any hopes or predictions for the rte autumn television schedules? Is anything not returning ?

AFAIK, it was announced some time ago that The Voice of Ireland presented by Kathryn Thomas & Eoghan McDermott is not expected to return to RTÉ next season. I gather a new talent show format which may be called "Ireland's Got Talent" backed by Simon Cowell is on the way. I'm not sure if Cowell himself will have a visual presence front of house in the form of a "judge" but I believe he is behind this particular project. I understand that TV3 had already considered the project but subsequently turned it down and RTÉ unexpectedly gave it the green light so; it would seem that the The Voice of Ireland was sidelined. Louis Walsh will probably have a key role on Ireland's Got Talent.

AFAIK, it was announced some time ago that The Voice of Ireland presented by Kathryn Thomas & Eoghan McDermott is not expected to return to RTÉ next season. I gather a new talent show format which may be called "Ireland's Got Talent" backed by Simon Cowell is on the way. I'm not sure if Cowell himself will have a visual presence front of house in the form of a "judge" but I believe he is behind this particular project. I understand that TV3 had already considered the project but subsequently turned it down and RTÉ unexpectedly gave it the green light so; it would seem that the The Voice of Ireland was sidelined. Louis Walsh will probably have a key role on Ireland's Got Talent.

Strictly Come Dancing AKA Dancing with the Stars Ireland, Assume TV3 will take on the voice UK in 2017.

Keeping Ireland Alive, RTÉ One
    Gogglebox, TV3 - Yet to be produced
    Striking Out, RTÉ One
    Can’t Cope Won’t Cope, RTÉ2
    Dancing with the Stars, RTÉ One
    My Mother and Other Strangers, BBC One/RTE One
    Then Comes Marriage?, RTÉ2
    Lucy Kennedy vehicle, TV3 - really!
    Jive, TG4
    Acceptable Risk, RTÉ One

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/ten-new-homegrown-tv-shows-coming-to-our-screens-1.2757006

Just 4 or 5 EPISODES for drama doesn't look good IMO.

Details next monday

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

icdg wrote: »
    Worth noting that Netflix plan on adding Gotham series 2 in the UK next month. While there are apparently some very small differences between Netflix UK and Ireland they are 99% the same, so if it's also added in Ireland I would take the view that RTE have waived their right to show it first.

Season 2 of Gotham is now on Netflix Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Article in today's SBP on RTÉ's autumn schedule (which runs into April/May next) will be launched tomorrow. The article includes an interview with RTÉ1 and interim RTÉ2 channel controller Adrian Lynch.

Three new RTÉ dramas coming, Striking Out, Acceptable Risk and Rebellion follow-up Resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2016/0822/810987-amy-huberman-and-nathan-carter-among/

New shows by Tommy Tiernan, Nathan Carter alongside the regulars of TLLS, Ray D'Arcy, Brandan O'Connor, Claire Byrne.

Vogue Williams manages to get another doc :confused:

Daniel & Majella move their show over to RTE1. Sure to be a rating hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Looking at the comments on the journal people seem to hate rte1, and always have a dig.

I think the programming is very good on rte1, and for €160 a year we don't do to badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That Enda Kenny thing sounds woeful. The rise and fall and rise again, give me a break

The main problem is there is too much of the same type of programme.

RTE ONE largely consists of Lifestyle programming and News and Current Affairs. (though why they announce News and Current Affairs programmes). RTE ONE does some interesting documentaries outside of this, but it Drama output is small (except for Fair City). They will now have 3 Chat Shows, while only one Saturday/Sunday night weekend show. The Voice might have ran its course but RTE are lacking entertainment programming, with Strictly taking over The Voices time slot, both could have ran?

Again attempting A Question Of Sport, and no sign of other quiz or game shows outside Winning Streak.

RTE2 are in the same position largely its Constructed Factual Docs revolve around Drugs, Sex and Sexuality and little in-between. Outside of that RTE2 has 2 comedies and little else (save for sport).

Also one of the interest parts of the new season is TRTE's family feature film
    Spooky Stakeout – The Movie Four young ghost-hunting schoolfriends are hired to solve the vexing mystery of an ancient castle in rural Ireland. Feature-length family adventure movie produced for RTÉ by Tailored Films.

• Advertisement
Advertisement