Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new fan needed?

Options
  • 22-07-2016 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

hi, my fan is getting noisy, can someone recommend a good fan for my pc.
    the pc is a AMD quadcore 8gb 1tb 4.2ghz. i dont know how to get compatable fan for this pc. i'd like one as silent as possible
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Fasn as in CPU cooler?

If you just need a fan I'm assuming it's 120mm - pretty much anything by Noctua.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 liaml1974

thanks for your reply, i open the pc, switched it on and its the small fan on the motherboard thats making the noise. what is this called and what would be a good make for the spec above?
    thanks

Can you post a picture?

A MB fan might be more of a pain to get. You *MAY* be able to do without it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'd say he is talking about the CPU fan and he deffo needs that.

I'd say he is talking about the CPU fan and he deffo needs that.

Doesn't sound like it given I asked him if it was the CPU cooler but either way, don't do anything OP until you've posted a picture.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah I just re-read through the posts and he also said it is a small fan so probably not CPU cooler fan.

didnt take a picture but wrote down the number on it 1A02C3w00. googled it and its a aluminium heatsink and fan. is ther any better, less noisy ones than this, also do i buy just the fan or the whole unit? thanks

liaml1974 wrote: »
    didnt take a picture but wrote down the number on it 1A02C3w00. googled it and its a aluminium heatsink and fan. is ther any better, less noisy ones than this, also do i buy just the fan or the whole unit? thanks

That would be the CPU cooler... :pac: as wotzgoingon says, you defo need that!

You can get aftermarket ones alright. Just make sure it is compatible with your CPU socket.

right, so do i need to replace the whole unit with paste etc, or just the fan bit. also can someone recommend a good quiet one that will last. thanks

• Advertisement

right, so do i need to replace the whole unit with paste etc, or just the fan bit. also can someone recommend a good quiet one that will last. thanks

What processor is it?

AMD quadcore 8gb 1tb 4.2ghz.
    is this it or how do i find out, sorry for stupid questions. im on windows 10

Right click on the windows logo on bottom left of screen, then task manager, more details, Performance and then CPU and it should tell you there.

thanks. hope this helps
    CPU AMD A8-660k APU radeon(tm)HD graphics

I've had bad experience with that alpine stuff. I actually don't know about AMD, sorry so can't offer an alternative.

I just clicked that link for amazon.co.uk that I posted up, it is redirected to amazon.com for some strange reason.

Just go to amazon.co.uk and put this below in the search bar.

Arctic Alpine 64 PLUS - 100 Watt Low Noise CPU Cooler for AMD Sockets FM2+, FM1, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2, 939

thanks everybody for the help

hi, now i need a 120mm dc brushless fan, any recommendation for quiet ones, for amd pc or are they universally compatable, thanks. whats best type, bearing, brushless, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

hi, now i need a 120mm dc brushless fan, any recommendation for quiet ones, for amd pc or are they universally compatable, thanks. whats best type, bearing, brushless, etc

Hi liaml1974,
    did you end up buying the linked Arctic Alpine 64 PLUS?

It can not use any fan other than the one it came with.

If you need a 120mm case fan, the Sharkoon Silent Eagle is very well reviewed.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Hi liaml1974,
    did you end up buying the linked Arctic Alpine 64 PLUS?

It can not use any fan other than the one it came with.

If you need a 120mm case fan, the Sharkoon Silent Eagle is very well reviewed.
    yep i got the alpine in the link, its working well. ill look at the case fan you posted thanks.

Advertisement