Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get a bus to Dublin Airport from Cavan Town... what are my options

Options
  • 22-07-2016 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭

Hi

Am staying with friends in Cavan town.... but need to get to Dublin Airport by public transport tomorrow morning to catch a 12 noon flight. Am leaving my car here with the family and hence looking for options.

Is there any 'airport express' buses passing the town in the morning.

Am going on the Bus Eireann site now... but interested if there are other operators passing thru Cavan in the mornings

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

You can get the number 30 bus from Cavan Bus Station at 8am or there is also the option of getting the 7am 109 bus to Kells and switching to the 109A in kells to take you to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

foggy_lad wrote: »
    You can get the number 30 bus from Cavan Bus Station at 8am or there is also the option of getting the 7am 109 bus to Kells and switching to the 109A in kells to take you to the airport.

Thanks Foggy....but that #30 bus seems to go at 0900 hrs on a Sat according to the site. Its an Expressway

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Here is the full 30 timetable:
    http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1425312629-030.pdf

That's the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

What secret bus routes are out there that are not on the Transport for Ireland app?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

foggy_lad wrote: »

I wouldnt be relying on the 109 to get you to Kells in time to catch the 109A. For some bizzare reason the two buses do not align themselves with the 109 arriving in Kells. There has been a number of occasions where (because the 30 was full when arriving from Donegal to Cavan) I have had to get the 109 to Kells to try and get the 109A to the airport only to arrive in Kells when the 109A has already left.

You cant always rely on the 30 either as it is often full. You are nearly better just planning to get the 109 to the City Centre and then get a bus to the airport from O'Connell St.

Bear in mind that the 109 can take forever to get to the City Centre. Case in point. I got the 10am bus from Cavan on Thursday. It got into O'Connell St at 12.40 :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Many thanks all.....got the #30 at 06.55am and slept all the way to the Airport!

Again - ye have all been a great help.

Advertisement