Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Ceed SW 2008

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

1/. HPI check it
    2/. Check and verify service history
    3/. Be careful with cloning/clocking
    4/. Ensure everything works
    5/. Private seller so there's no warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The old UK registration will be listed on the car's Irish log book. Run that through the MOT check site - https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/?_ga=1.162737653.83212332.1450282892 and verify the mileage adds up to the time it was last MOT'd in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Thanks both.
    I'll run all those checks.

Latest detail is that it was imported only 4 months ago. Seller bought it from a garage that he still has some warranty with, but finds the car unsuitable due to an injury and is replacing it with a 'higher' car.

Guess I'll have to take a look and treat the case on it's merits.
    Pro-ceed with caution?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Pro-ceed with caution?

Nope - Pro-ceed is the 3dr :pac:

ET57JYE

Looks about as legit as it can be.

R.O.R wrote: »

ET57JYE

Looks about as legit as it can be.

Thanks! How did you find that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Thanks! How did you find that?

I have access to a basic check in work as I'm in the Motor Industry.

thanks again, much appreciated.

Took it for a test drive, seems fine, is in great cosmetic condition and has a good service history.

Would have bought it there and then but the current owner selling it on after only 4 months makes me think I need a mechanic to give it a once over - even if owners story seems legit.

That should be the case with any car being sold privately, you are interested in buying anyway.

bazz26 wrote: »
    That should be the case with any car being sold privately, you are interested in buying anyway.

Of course, but I'm sure plenty of us have taken a chance on a cheap car with one careful owner and a rock solid history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

So, what's the plan? Are you getting someone to look over it?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    So, what's the plan? Are you getting someone to look over it?

Oh absolutely yes. Need to get a recommendation of a mechanic in Kilkenny. Really hoping all is well with it. But will try to remain dispassionate. Thanks.

If the car is genuine, and it seems so, you'll be kicking yourself if you miss out. If you like the car, get someone out there ASAP.

thanks everyone for the advice.
    took a test drive, ran the online checks, got a garage to take a look, bought car and am delighted with it.

Well wear with it.

Good luck with it

Advertisement