Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global business USA

Options
  • 22-07-2016 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, i was thinking of going for the global business usa course at dcu but when i had an in depth look at it i saw its only a bachelors of business degree from dcu and dcu isnt a well ranked business school either. Not going to lie i was drawn by the 2 years in america and the dual degree, but is this actually a good course or are the requirements (near 600 points) just being skewed by whole supply and demand aspect because theres less than 20 places and everyone wants to do 2 years of college in america? Any help at all would be great

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 31 Verified rep DCU Student Help

Hi Darragh,

You are more than welcome to get in touch on studenthelp@dcu.ie and we can pass on the contact email for the course. Might help you to get it straight from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 YeatsKebab

I've just finished first year Global Business in DCU, going into second year, and I can already assure you it's arguably the best undergraduate Business Degree in any Irish University.

DCU is highly ranked amongst employers in Ireland.

In terms of what you get in four years, it's unparallelled. In four years you technically come out with two degrees - a BA in Global Business from DCU and potentially in your case a BSc in Business Management from Boston. On top of this, you get real industry experience with the INTRA programme that sees you do an internship (paid, might I add) for a couple of months at the end of second year.

Might I also just add a fun fact, a girl who has just finished in Boston after her four years has had seven job offers in Dublin alone. Off the back of an undergrad.

If you do any of the languages Global Business also offers - i'd definitely go for any of those. If it's a broad Business degree you want, this is your best option.

On top of it all, DCU is one hell of a university!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 darraghtobin

Thanks, it was my cousin who had a look at the course with me and my view of DCU might have been skewed by him 😂 (doctorate from UCD) what sort of path can you pursue after it? Banking, accounting?

Advertisement