Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 5 series timing chain garage in Dublin?

Options
  • 21-07-2016 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello
    Can anyone recommend a good garage to fix a timing chain on a 2008 touring BMW in Dublin? Getting some really high quotes, I heard of a place in CLondalkin but can't find it on line?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Motor Confidence located just off the Naas Road. Owner is very well respected on bmw owner forums.

Incidentally did you try BMW for goodwill as they were replacing them on some cars of similar age some time back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shnoozie

thanks for your reply, i bought it second hand and not from a dealer so no real come back, thanks for the info though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Yep Valdas from Motor Confidence all the way. Using him years now and never had any issues. He loves his BMWs!

https://www.instagram.com/motor_confidence/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Yep Valdas from Motor Confidence all the way. Using him years now and never had any issues. He loves his BMWs!

https://www.instagram.com/motor_confidence/

Really?? After 5mins of looking at my car, it needed clutch, turbo, timing chain, dpf and some other stuff that I can't remember... I looked puzzled.... I sold the car a week later instead.

I contacted him again to service my parents car... He booked it and then when they showed up, there was no booking.!! I rang him and he had a go at me for not trusting him to fix my car....!!
    I sold it you plonker!!

I wouldn't darken his door again...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Shnoozie wrote: »
    thanks for your reply, i bought it second hand and not from a dealer so no real come back, thanks for the info though

I bought mine second hand and got 100% goodwill from BMW last year. Nearly 7k worth of work done FOC :)

I had no signs of any problems, left it in for a brake fluid change and they done the test and recommended they send a request to BMW HQ.

• Advertisement

wow @kceire , goot to know

i have to say, I called 5 garages yesterday and only 1 got back to me with a price and availability, don't think garages are that bothered to do this, its such a big job.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Same here, only mine I bought new in 2008. Heard about the programme and was one of the first cars booked in. Got the full valvetrain, clutch, DMF, everything done. Only had to pay for a drive belt that was on the way out. Around €75.
    They stopped the programme a few weeks later as it was costing them too much money. It was never a recall so they didn't advertise it.
    kceire wrote: »
    I bought mine second hand and got 100% goodwill from BMW last year. Nearly 7k worth of work done FOC :)

I had no signs of any problems, left it in for a brake fluid change and they done the test and recommended they send a request to BMW HQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vanos

Really?? After 5mins of looking at my car, it needed clutch, turbo, timing chain, dpf and some other stuff that I can't remember... I looked puzzled.... I sold the car a week later instead.

So why U sold the car ? u didnt trusted him or your car? bit strange from your side

vanos wrote: »
    So why U sold the car ? u didnt trusted him or your car? bit strange from your side

Whatever

• Advertisement

your quote started with - Really? and finished with - Never be back !

i never argue on peoples opinion is it worth or not to repair ,and if they dont want to come back .mostly i do say to them to think twice before they go ahead,and all the time tell them the truth about car condition,not trying to get them in big trouble ,start do the job and later stuck with half done and half not!
    thats all i wanted to say

your quote started with - Really? and finished with - Never be back !

i never argue on peoples opinion is it worth or not to repair ,and if they dont want to come back .mostly i do say to them to think twice before they go ahead,and all the time tell them the truth about car condition,not trying to get them in big trouble ,start do the job and later stuck with half done and half not!
    thats all i wanted to say

Whatever

i dont care that u didnt came back or that u sold it!!!! some people do sell the cars not fix them

the guy said that he was happy with us, and your quote started with - Really??? so u dissagree
    and u have pointed that we found too much problems (but u didnt checked it in other place to be sure about this but just sold it ) did u see the point now?? cant explain more accurate !

i dont care that u didnt came back or that u sold it!!!! some people do sell the cars not fix them

the guy said that he was happy with us, and your quote started with - Really??? so u dissagree
    and u have pointed that we found too much problems (but u didnt checked it in other place to be sure about this but just sold it ) did u see the point now?? cant explain more accurate !

Whatever

now u talk different as your first quote .so i read what i see, probably u read my text in your way as well . if u keep texts for so long they mean something for u . no need for me anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Whatever
    Whatever
    Whatever

I'm just curious, but do you think it was even slightly probable that the verdict on your now sold Beemer was correct? If so then surely you got a 2nd opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Imagine the pats on the back oral surgeon would be getting if he shifted on a mazda diesel.

Sell on a BMW needing thousands of work and everybody loses their minds!

Great facepalm PR at work here though.

dodzy wrote: »
    I'm just curious, but do you think it was even slightly probable that the verdict on your now sold Beemer was correct? If so then surely you got a 2nd opinion?

Maybe??
    I couldn't justify spending about €5k on a car worth €12k. I went to a BMW AD and traded it in, told them that it had a bit of a whine off the turbo but to check it out themselves. They looked at it, did their diagnostics... I then bought a car off them....

It had over €200k km on it and I had already replaced a front brake caliper and the diff a few months before so I was not going to sink more into the money pit....

Imagine the pats on the back oral surgeon would be getting if he shifted on a mazda diesel.

Sell on a BMW needing thousands of work and everybody loses their minds!

Great facepalm PR at work here though.

Yep, I just sold on a car that needed some work to a garage that knew it needed work and could do it.... No-one was conned here...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mittimitti

www.goldenfoxgarage.com

These guys are great they charge about 1000

The guy is a wizard with engines

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

mittimitti wrote: »
    www.goldenfoxgarage.com

These guys are great they charge about 1000

The guy is a wizard with engines
    Reading their description of what is included within a full service, I have my doubts if he's a wizard!
    But hey, you get free membership to their garage :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mittimitti

his English isn't great but he's a great mechanic

Advertisement