Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party DJ - Missing in action

Options
  • 21-07-2016 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

My daughters 21st party was on a couple of weeks ago. July of last year we booked a well known party dj to do the party because we had seen him at a couple of parties and he took pictures and put on a slideshow. 3 days before the party we received a phone call from a different dj saying the chap we had booked was on holidays and that he would be replacing him. The party went ok and he took some nice pictures but the slideshow was terrible. It was projected onto a wall that only some people could see and all the pictures were blurred. The following night we were down at daytripper and here was the dj we originally booked down there enjoying himself. I contacted him by email regarding the slideshow and some other things that happened at the party. After a week without reply I texted him about the email I had sent. He emailed me back and told me his computer was broke and could not connect to the projector so that why he got us a replacement dj. Regarding the slideshow he told me the chap who edits them for him was on holidays. Every email I received from him has a different excuse. He them informed me that he had never told us he was on holidays. My wife booked him by email and any other contact we had with him was by text. We never spoke to this chap. Since telling people about how we were treated I have heard of other people booking this dj and then someone else turning up. For anyone thinking of hiring this dj just be warned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

dlnv27 wrote: »
    My daughters 21st party was on a couple of weeks ago. July of last year we booked a well known party dj to do the party because we had seen him at a couple of parties and he took pictures and put on a slideshow. 3 days before the party we received a phone call from a different dj saying the chap we had booked was on holidays and that he would be replacing him. The party went ok and he took some nice pictures but the slideshow was terrible. It was projected onto a wall that only some people could see and all the pictures were blurred. The following night we were down at daytripper and here was the dj we originally booked down there enjoying himself. I contacted him by email regarding the slideshow and some other things that happened at the party. After a week without reply I texted him about the email I had sent. He emailed me back and told me his computer was broke and could not connect to the projector so that why he got us a replacement dj. Regarding the slideshow he told me the chap who edits them for him was on holidays. Every email I received from him has a different excuse. He them informed me that he had never told us he was on holidays. My wife booked him by email and any other contact we had with him was by text. We never spoke to this chap. Since telling people about how we were treated I have heard of other people booking this dj and then someone else turning up. For anyone thinking of hiring this dj just be warned.

Unless his name is DJ the DJ, you're not really giving us much to go on...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

For anyone thinking of hiring this dj just be warned.

Do we guess who it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

lertsnim wrote: »
    Do we guess who it is?

I'll go first. Billy McCarthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

...Father Ted Uncious..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

David Guetta at it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Masala wrote: »
    ...Father Ted Uncious..

Fr. Andy Riley,
    Fr. Desmond Coyle,
    Fr. George Byrne,
    Fr. David Nicholson,
    Fr. Declan Lynch,
    Fr. Ken Sweeney,
    Fr. Neil Hannon,
    Fr. Keith Cullen,
    Fr. Ciaran Donnelly,
    Fr. Mick McEvoy,
    Fr. Jack White,
    Fr. Henry Bigbigging,
    Fr. Hank Tree,
    Fr. Hiroshima Twinkie
    Fr. Stig Bubblecard,
    Fr. Johnny Hellzapoppin’ ,
    Fr. Luke Duke,
    Fr. Billy Ferry,
    Fr. Chewy Louie,
    Fr. John Hoop,
    Fr. Hairycake Linehan,
    Fr. Rebulah Conundrum,
    Fr. Peewee Stairmaster,
    Fr. Jemima Racktool,
    Fr. Jerry Twig,
    Fr. Spodo Komodo,
    Fr. Cannabranna Lammer.
    Fr. Todd Unctious

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ah toddy todd todd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Fr. Andy Riley,
    Fr. Desmond Coyle,
    Fr. George Byrne,
    Fr. David Nicholson,
    Fr. Declan Lynch,
    Fr. Ken Sweeney,
    Fr. Neil Hannon,
    Fr. Keith Cullen,
    Fr. Ciaran Donnelly,
    Fr. Mick McEvoy,
    Fr. Jack White,
    Fr. Henry Bigbigging,
    Fr. Hank Tree,
    Fr. Hiroshima Twinkie
    Fr. Stig Bubblecard,
    Fr. Johnny Hellzapoppin’ ,
    Fr. Luke Duke,
    Fr. Billy Ferry,
    Fr. Chewy Louie,
    Fr. John Hoop,
    Fr. Hairycake Linehan,
    Fr. Rebulah Conundrum,
    Fr. Peewee Stairmaster,
    Fr. Jemima Racktool,
    Fr. Jerry Twig,
    Fr. Spodo Komodo,
    Fr. Cannabranna Lammer.
    Fr. Todd Unctious

Assuming you didn't cut & paste.. cudos!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

JOC or LOC?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

John, Jason or Paul?

My money is on John

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dlnv27

LOC

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

DJ Carey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

LOC

Loc. Not really surprised he can be fairly arrogant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Think I'll play safe and avoid all DJ's until we get a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Pretty easy work out who this is and I don't know any Waterford DJs!

Assume most people are being sarcastic in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hang the DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I haven't a clue who you are on about but I would appreciate a private message as I've to book a dj for my son's upcoming 21st.

deisemum wrote: »
    I haven't a clue who you are on about but I would appreciate a private message as I've to book a dj for my son's upcoming 21st.

Well his initials are about three or four posts up, so you don't exactly need to be Sherlock Holmes to figure it out ...

On the other hand it's a bit sh1tty for a person running a small business to be slated somewhere like this without any right of reply; we are only hearing one half of the story. (Not necessarily saying the OP isn't telling the truth, mind you.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Well his initials are about three or four posts up, so you don't exactly need to be Sherlock Holmes to figure it out ...

On the other hand it's a bit sh1tty for a person running a small business to be slated somewhere like this without any right of reply; we are only hearing one half of the story. (Not necessarily saying the OP isn't telling the truth, mind you.)

Ive no idea either LOC could be anything,if LOC is MIA just name H/H FFS :P

Ive no idea either LOC could be anything,if LOC is MIA just name H/H FFS :P

I don't have a clue who it is either moose, but if I'm booking a DJ in the next few weeks like Mum says she is, then I'll surely know the initials of the guy when I read/hear his name... Unless he's so cool that he goes by a stage name! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Thanks for the pm. I've someone else in mind.

Advertisement