Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Craft Ideas 10 - 12

Options
  • 21-07-2016 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

So I'm at a summer camp (residential) in the mountains (i.e. no opportunity to buy supplies) and I've forgotten to bring the supplies I had bought before leaving.

So far I've managed to make a dream catcher and checkers board game but I have to do at least two more hour long activities and I'm all out of ideas. I'm looking on the internet but can't find any good ideas! The camp has some supplies.

Paints Colours/Crayons
    Glue Markers
    Poster Card Some weak craft wire
    Beads
    Clay etc

Would anyone have any ideas for mostly 10-12 yo kids? I'd be extremely grateful, it's stressing me out at an already pretty stressful time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Anyone? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Do a google image search for Simple Craft Ideas and the pics might give you some ideas to work with.
    Sorry I have no actual suggestions for you. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

Can you collect some natural materials from the area and/or work outside? If you can, maybe try searching for 'outdoor craft ideas' or 'nature craft ideas' for inspiration and improvise something. Pressed leaves and flowers? nests made of twigs? Even making a picture on the ground using stuff you find around (like the old art attack show) could be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

Not sure if you're still looking. Can be done on card, divide up the area into about 10cm square (or whatever works). In each area you're going to do a different picture using a variety of material. Paints in one, clay in another, collected material in another etc. Keep the theme the same eg nature, trees, houses, insects etc. Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DavidKeane

Have you any old magazines, newspapers, or comics there? You could decoupage something (if allowed to) or make collages? Patterned paper napkins also work well if decoupaging. Depends on the glue, you might need to water if down a bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement