Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Convertible roof - cleaning help needed

Options
  • 21-07-2016 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

OK guys - may have seen my thread on the CO2 cleaning. I had sort of parked that idea in order to run with the traditional methods so today I set out to give it a clean.

Soaked the roof and used Chemical Guys fabric cleaner and a brush - reasonably stiff. Anyway after well over an hour of soaking, scrubbing, rinsing and repeating I gave up.

I made some progress but not a lot as you can see from the pics. I used reasonable pressure and not sure I'd be comfortable going harder. I as going to seal the roof with Carpro C Quartz fabric sealer but not sure if I should do that now or try another method.

Pics for ref - left side is after cleaning
    147AC750-0223-4C16-ABFA-BB3BAC04206F_zpssn3fwezj.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

You'd be surprised how much harder you could probably go at the roof. And an occasional use of a strong cleaner shouldn't be an issue either as long as it's rinsed well afterwards. So I'd also try a string mix of an All Purpose Cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Cheers Curran. I'll do some looking. In the US shortly so may see what's available over there in case they have some miracle stuff.

Advertisement