Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTAV Mod Discussion Thread

Options
  • 21-07-2016 1:29pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Howdy! Long time no post in this forum, but I decided to start messing around with mods in GTAV yesterday, and I didn't see a thread here for them.

Thought it might be fun if we get a list of decent mods going, maybe links to cool textures and stuff too?

I'll start with the obvious starting point for anyone modding GTAV, the Native Trainer. All you need to do is download it and copy the 3 files into your GTAV directory and when the game starts, hit F4 and you've got a glorious menu to make the single player fun again! :pac:

Coolest features are permanent invincibility, no wanted level, change the weather or time of day or even your character skin on the fly, spawn any car from the game, give yourself every weapon, teleport to random locations, be a fricking cow if you want!

It's a simple yet wonderful mod.

Link: https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/script-hook-v

So what mods are/have you guys using/ed? Have you modded in any cool vehicles? I'm looking for police car textures right now because I hate the LSPD cars compared to the LCPD ones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I can't give links at the moment since at work but these can all be found on GTA 5 Mods site. (bar OpenCamera which you can find here)

I tell people the same ones when they ask what I use for my videos.

Native Trainer
    Menyoo

These both do similar functions but they both have their own stuff that the other doesn't have so I tend to use the two of them.

OpenCameraV

This removes the really restrictive camera range limit in the Editor, probably the most vital mod to have if you want to make videos.

Map Editor

Lets you load or create "maps" which are basically just scenes, very handy for videos. Menyoo has a similar function that I'll probably cross over to but this mod is easy to use and has an autosave feature so you won't lose anything if you're in the middle of building a scene and the mod or game crashes

Scene Director

This makes movie-making so much easier and lets you set up and control different actors. If you mess up a scene you can just reset everyone back to their starting points, really speeds up the whole process.

That's just those off the top of my head but they're the main ones I use myself.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Here's a bitching mod I just found that has made the game infinitely more enjoyable for me instantly.

Anyone who may remember my reaction to the game back in the day may recall that I loathe the car handling in V, and look back wistfully at IV with its heavy feeling, hard to master but ultimately rewarding physics.

Well here's a mod that tries to recreate that handling style in V. Still in the early stages of testing it out, but just going for a short drive around the city after installing it has made me so happy.

Link: http://dev-c.com/gtav/ (It's the Classic Handling in V mod at the bottom, place the .META file in your main GTAV directory)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Jesus man! The handling in IV was a pile of auld shíte :D

I had the enhanced native trainer at one point going on the laptop, but moved the game to the gaming pc and have not been using mods since. I might get back into them, they were fun out! :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Jesus man! The handling in IV was a pile of auld shíte :D

I had the enhanced native trainer at one point going on the laptop, but moved the game to the gaming pc and have not been using mods since. I might get back into them, they were fun out! :)

They were better than the floaty, skiddy, arcadey nonsense that's in V! :P :P #oldarguments

Probably should say for the record though that if anyone is messing around with mods, it's best to remove them from your game before going online, because we all know having mods would ruin the wonderful experience that is GTA Online... :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Haha, if you like it, who am I to argue? :D

A link to the enhanced trainer I mentioned :)

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/enhanced-native-trainer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

The mods are ok I guess, I'm more of a rocker type myself tho. (haw haw)

Proco, Therapy, Sheehy - all sound mods.

Discussion over.

Riddle me this:

If I reply to this thread could I get banned for backseat modding?

ackbar.jpg

Nooooooooooooo

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

You've glitched enough cash you could probably afford to bribe us at this stage ;)

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    You've glitched enough cash you could probably afford to bribe us at this stage ;)

Cheque's in the post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,783 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Quick question: coming back to the game after over a year, no experience with the mods whatsoever

I see there is a mod which replaces 200 or so cars with their "real" models (BMW, Ford, etc).. could I use that mod in conjunction with e.g. a graphics enhancement mod?

Basically, can mods be combined?

Also, what is the best mod loading tool at the moment?

thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement