Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 206 clutch issue

Options
  • 20-07-2016 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭

Sorry to hijack, but the exact same thing happened to me today, but I tried to drive it off the road in second and it seized completely. Won't select a gear engine on or off.

Mine is a Peugeot 206, (2005) I was, it passed the NCT this morning and is now parked up outside the mechanic till tomorrow.

Anyone know if there's much point trying to sell it unrepaired? I really need to buy a new car for my job. I was supposed to trade this in next Monday!

Has anyone gotten a clutch replaced recently, what might it be? 400 euro?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from someone else's thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Will it roll in neutral? It should still select gears with the engine off if it's a clutch issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No, it's stuck solid, the gear stick won't move.

The guy who came to tow it couldn't get it into gear so he had to winch it up on the back of the transporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

I'd be thinking that's more of a gearbox problem or else a major failure of the clutch which has jammed up everything.
    Gearbox's in them are very weak.

Advertisement