Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaguar Waterford?

Options
  • 20-07-2016 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

Little Birdie tells me that the land beside Tom Murphy's has been bought up and there's a Jaguar garage going in there! I mean Jaguar no less, must be an upturn.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well it would be a nice alternative to BMW (not that I'd know!), the number of cars that Bolands have lined up in the sun suggests some has money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Well it would be a nice alternative to BMW (not that I'd know!), the number of cars that Bolands have lined up in the sun suggests some has money.

or since they lined up and not sold.... could be sign no one is buying either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭goochy

Assume it's also land rover ? makes sense strange things going on at autoboland as they lost / gave up volvo recently but now have it back. Must have been told they had too many brands all in one showroom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I was told they lost one of their franchises alright, but seriously! Jaguar? I'm sure they did the demographics but i cant see too many Jags sitting on Waterford driveways, then again i suppose it would cater for the surrounding counties too, I suppose it brings more jobs in building and sales etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,502 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I was told they lost one of their franchises alright, but seriously! Jaguar? I'm sure they did the demographics but i cant see too many Jags sitting on Waterford driveways, then again i suppose it would cater for the surrounding counties too, I suppose it brings more jobs in building and sales etc

Over 300 Jags registered this year .so far, and their F-Pace SUV is only available recently (it's projected to be their biggest seller) so that should add a bump to those numbers

• Advertisement

Interesting that bolands have all the prestige brands bar mercedes. Bolands bmw outlet is probably the poorest in the dealer network - small showrooms - that need paint job as well dirty signage full of moss and a small and dull stock of used bmws . Don't bother with the more interesting models.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Opening July 8th according to the text sent to my missus. No way is she getting a Jag though.

July 8th has passed . What that means is autoboland started selling jag from their main already crammed showrooms . Bolands lost jaguar in wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

goochy wrote: »
    July 8th has passed . What that means is autoboland started selling jag from their main already crammed showrooms . Bolands lost jaguar in wexford.

Yeah my mistake that was when the text arrived. Doh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

goochy wrote: »

Are Bolands/Autobolands not the same ?

• Advertisement

Yes the same , I can't understand why Bolands don't make more of their ' motor park ' on cork road.
    there's a empty showroom behind H & H motors lying idle , they sell Hyundai - one of the most popular brands around from a small showroom at the very back of site tucked away and as said their Bmw showrooms are small and tired looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Over 300 Jags registered this year .so far, and their F-Pace SUV is only available recently (it's projected to be their biggest seller) so that should add a bump to those numbers

and main reason for low number was total lack of dealer network.

Was interested in one myself, (xe is well priced and extremely economical) but no dealer anywhere near, so for servicing or any other issue would mean a long drive and waste of a day.

I think they only had 5 dealers in the entire country last year, so with Waterford and a new one in Kildare and one suggested for Athlone and with the F pace, they may see sales increasing

I think its more than the lack of dealers is that hampered sales , jag. have old man image and while they seem to be reliable these days - there weren't always in past.

I think they have ruined look of XF with new model - rear quarter panel doesn't look right.
    don't think much of look of Xe and it looks too like XF
    The new 2 litre diesel engine is supposed to be very noisy.

love the XJ , coolest luxury car around but it hasn't been a success and will be replaced in near future.

Seems a big enough building n site for jaguar and land rover , Jag/ land rover seem to be putting pressure on dealers to expand .dealer here in cork could do with revamp.
    see George Corbett has taken on skoda and moved mazda to side of premises . I imagine this is only temporary as mazda will want them having a dedicated showroom these days ?

Advertisement