Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a gtx 1060?

Options
  • 20-07-2016 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Amazon dont have them on there site and thats where id usually buy from. I know overclockers have them to preorder but with the vat on irish customers and 25 pound delivery its too expensive.

If anyone has info on when amazon will get them or knows somewhere else selling at a good price around 240 pounds for an aftermarket card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Robtyrrell wrote: »
    Amazon dont have them on there site and thats where id usually buy from. I know overclockers have them to preorder but with the vat on irish customers and 25 pound delivery its too expensive.

If anyone has info on when amazon will get them or knows somewhere else selling at a good price around 240 pounds for an aftermarket card

I just got my from overclockers. They have free delivery on G1 model.
    Right now, I doubt you will get aftermarket cooler for 240£, overclockers had one for 260£, but stock melted on my eyes.
    It's demand market now m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Robtyrrell

I just got my from overclockers. They have free delivery on G1 model.
    Right now, I doubt you will get aftermarket cooler for 240£, overclockers had one for 260£, but stock melted on my eyes.
    It's demand market now m8.

Theres an msi version to preorder on overclockers for 240 not sure how good it is compared to others. Same with zotac but from what i know i wouldnt go with zotac. I'll look at overclockers again might be worth my time spending around 260.

E: G1 model was 290 pound, put it in my basket to check shipping etc and it just charged 10 pound extra vat and 25 pound delivery so no use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Wait till Amazon have them in stock as you will save on postage at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Robtyrrell

Venom wrote: »
    Wait till Amazon have them in stock as you will save on postage at least.

That's what im planning on just have no idea when they're out, I'm constantly checking amazon every few hours to hope i dont miss out on stock haha.

Robtyrrell wrote: »
    That's what im planning on just have no idea when they're out, I'm constantly checking amazon every few hours to hope i dont miss out on stock haha.

Well Overclockers make up a HUGE amount of the sales of PC hardware in the UK, way more than Amazon it seems, so I'd expect stock towards the weekend.

• Advertisement

I got free delivery from overclockers. They got two delivery options. One is like 30£ the other free for the model I went for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, usually the more expensive delivery option is selected by default. Anytime I've made a sizable order there, delivery has been £12.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Overclockers gave me free two day delivery. Not a cent more and it just arrived a while ago.

Overclockers gave me free two day delivery. Not a cent more and it just arrived a while ago.

How long it took m8? I got same free delivery. Ordered yesterday around 3. Tracking says it's on the way to athlone. Would it be mad to expect it tomorrow?

How long it took m8? I got same free delivery. Ordered yesterday around 3. Tracking says it's on the way to athlone. Would it be mad to expect it tomorrow?

Ordered around half 2 on Tuesday, delivered 11:20 this morning. Said it was off out to Athlone until this morning, when it said they processed it. Got an email around 9am to say it was out for delivery and what time to expect. Great experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Can't you use parcel motel? That was you get cheap delivery and you pay the low VAT rate.

Ordered around half 2 on Tuesday, delivered 11:20 this morning. Said it was off out to Athlone until this morning, when it said they processed it. Got an email around 9am to say it was out for delivery and what time to expect. Great experience.

Awesome. I ordered yesterday around 3, so it will be here tomorrow so. Its going to my misses mothers house. I am working Friday and Saturday all day. Hopefully after work tomorrow I'll be able to hook it up.
    How do you find 1060 yourself? Which model you went? Good upgrade? What where you on before it?

Awesome. I ordered yesterday around 3, so it will be here tomorrow so. Its going to my misses mothers house. I am working Friday and Saturday all day. Hopefully after work tomorrow I'll be able to hook it up.
    How do you find 1060 yourself? Which model you went? Good upgrade? What where you on before it?

Working at the mo, so just staring at a large box till this evening unfortunately :(

Very nice man :)

Paper launch my ass AMDfanboi's :cool:

Hey mate, threw it in the pc a few hours ago. I went with the Gainward Dual model. Suited my needs. I'm coming off a horrid time with a 7950 and it's like night and day. Performance seemed great for everything I threw at it and it's been silent and cool (my main interests as my 7950 was awful loud and warm) in gaming haven't seen the temp go past 60 degrees. Very very good first impressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TheMasterPrawn

Hey all,

any more good links of there to get a 1060. I am looking at the EVGA SC 1060 on newegg.com and its been unavailable from day 1. Wonder if its a golden age of PC gaming or is it an artificial shortage?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hey all,

any more good links of there to get a 1060. I am looking at the EVGA SC 1060 on newegg.com and its been unavailable from day 1. Wonder if its a golden age of PC gaming or is it an artificial shortage?

This is par for the course for any new graphics launch, especially for nvidia.

Advertisement