Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Elite x3

Options
  • 20-07-2016 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭

What think ye ?

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/premium/laptops/index.html#!elitex3

I finally left Windows last year, having been a user since the HTC Touch, and went to iOS, but this has me very interested. Spec-wise, it looks to be the dog's bits and with Windows 10 maybe coming to RTM-like status, it might be a goer.

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Surface phone in all but name?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,716 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Looks impressive but...
    Designed by HP to enable a new level of business mobility, HP Workspace lets you run your most frequently-used Windows and corporate applications virtually.7

And note #7 says...
    HP Workspace software update for Windows 10 required and planned in a future release. Subscription required. Corporate application must be licensed on corporate network for virtualization.

So if I read that right it's not much better than a 950 in that you're limited to Store apps rather than full x86 support? Plus, not only that but you need a subscription and network licensing/configuration to run anything beyond that?

In effect then it's the Surface RT of phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

no NFC - criminal in a phone aimed at mid to top end of the market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

no NFC - criminal in a phone aimed at mid to top end of the market

Hi,

Top of the Windows phone !
    I see that at the enterprise / business network level ,aka BYOD, this device will make top of the list !

Full specs,updated, HERE !

Ordered already !

Advertisement