Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tech Startup

Options
  • 20-07-2016 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All

I'm looking to startup a new Tech company i have spent the last year getting my product built and researching if it is a product that the market needs and it is but the problem is i have no business experience.

Im the kind of person that thinks of different things that could change the way people do things but this product is the one that can be used anywhere in the world.

I have always been an employee but don't have funds to move forward i just don't know where to go from here .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

Is it patent protected?
    Do you have a fully costed business plan?
    It may be a great product, have you done proper market research to establish demand/commercial viability?

If you can answer yes to these, you at least have a hope of selling the project on.

An idea/product represents <10% of what is needed to turn it into a sustainable business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Mark I have just PM'd you as I think I will be able to help you. I am a freelance tech journalist who writes and podcasts for an award winning Irish Tech website.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭gargargar

Congratulations on your achievement so far. If you have it built can you contact potential users to trial it? If there is a real demand for the product you should be able to get some users for it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You are most likely looking for a business partner who knows the business side of things..in which case post here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055838808

If you feel you have done the research then look at a programme like Launchpad in the NDRC. If you want to get more up to speed on the business side of things then look at courses run by your LEO (Local Enterprise Office).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mark.Sully80

Hi All

Thanks for all the feedback it helps alot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Recommendations:

1) Do a "Start your own business course" (check with your local enterprise office - localenterprise.ie - for dates).
    2) Read "The Lean Startup" by Eric Ries

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭NotaSheep

I would recommend this programme for your type of venture, includes a 15k stipend as well as entrepreneurial training/mentoring http://www.newfrontiers.ie/ (competitive application process).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mark.Sully80

Thanks for all the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deadwards.com

Best of luck with the launch.

Having a built and tested product is a great start but as some have said that is only the start. Getting it out into the big bad world can be the big challenge but it can also be very exciting!

Having launched a tech product previously, I know of both the excitement and challenges you will face and I wish you all the luck with it.

I am also always happy to chat with you if you are looking for any advice (or at least some pointers on what not to do based on my experience :D)

Advertisement