Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs date dilemma

Options
  • 20-07-2016 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'll get straight to it. My debs is coming up shortly, meaning the time to locate a date is ever narrowing. I haven't the balls to take a friend and my dress is too damn pretty to remain in my closet, just gathering dust. Sooo I was wondering if anybody, of the opposite sex, preferably residing in Leinster, also found themselves in this awkward situation. maybe you might just be whacky enough to take me up on my switcheroo offer? Now I haven't contracted lepersyes, nor am I morbidly obese nor a social recluse, all my guy friends have just simply been nabbed already. Okay granted there wasn't very many to begin with but matters were largely out of my hands on that part, I went to a convent secondary school after all! Okay yes I'm aware I'm most likely deluding myself by going down this route, so heads up, there's no need to reitterify that in the comments below. All I can say is that I'm an optimist at heart! Ps. A down to earth, amicable guy required, weirdos stay clear. Pps. I've got a girlfriend in the same position, she's a sweetheart and a total stunner, she just verges on the shy side to begin with is all..
    pm me if you'd think you'd fancy it :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

Not creepy's my middle name:cool:

Sent you a PM.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

And if TSM is too tall for you, consider asking one of your girl friends who has a date if one of his mates would consider stepping into the breach and coming along for shíts and giggles! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Hope you and TSM end up going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Would you not go with your shy friend and have the laugh with the girls rather than taking a date you would have to entertain the whole evening?

Would you not go with your shy friend and have the laugh with the girls rather than taking a date you would have to entertain the whole evening?

I went without a date and it sucked! Nothing more depressing than watching your mates dancing with their dates while you eat cold coq au vin to the sound of a ****ty Ariana Grande song on your own:(:(

I think I need to have a cry....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Ask one of your guy friends who is already going if he has a friend who would go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mellowyell0w

TSMGUY wrote: »
    I went without a date and it sucked! Nothing more depressing than watching your mates dancing with their dates while you eat cold coq au vin to the sound of a ****ty Ariana Grande song on your own:(:(

I think I need to have a cry....

yeah that definitely does not sound like my cup of tea (or coffee) 😉 I guess I'm of the traditional type too, I'm straight, so naturally my idea of a 'date' comes in the male form..I'd be lying to myself really if I decided to ask my friend.. each to their own though!!

Ask one of your guy friends who is already going if he has a friend who would go.

Hmm yes I've thought about that.. I'd hate to think that they'd feel obligated to go with me though or, god forbid, they agreed out of pity 😕 maybe I have too much pride for my own good!

yeah that definitely does not sound like my cup of tea (or coffee) 😉 I guess I'm of the traditional type too, I'm straight, so naturally my idea of a 'date' comes in the male form..I'd be lying to myself really if I decided to ask my friend.. each to their own though!!
    I like that literally your only criteria is that I have to be a guy. I feel so special:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Hmm yes I've thought about that.. I'd hate to think that they'd feel obligated to go with me though or, god forbid, they agreed out of pity 😕 maybe I have too much pride for my own good!

From what I've seen of the debs in the school I'm working in over the years it's how a considerable number of debs dates come about.

You can keep it casual 'hey do you know anyone that would be available to go to the deba, I'd have asked one of you guys bit you're all already going'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Stumbled across this & OP I'd say going with someone you know or that knows your friends rather than just any guy is so much more fun. I went with a guy I knew who was friends with a load of my friends (& their dates who were their actual other halves at the time). It was just great because I didn't feel I had to look after him all night. I could wander off & chat to some of my other friends & know he was ok. My sister brought a guy who she kinda knew & she thought would look great in photos & said she felt like a babysitter & that she couldn't just let loose & have fun with her friends.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

TBH i would just go with anyone for just giggles haha

OP do you work part time or that? (Lads you might work with etc that you could ask?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

i went to fair few Debs with girls who knew mates of mine , was never out of pity or that some of them i actually really got on with and 2 we dated for a while after. its always a good night and no lad is gonna say no like.

Think this is defo worth a punt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jacko574

I am in a similar predicament Mellow Yellow. I went to an all-boys school in Dublin and am stuck for a date for the debs. I would be interested in your switching offer as not having a date would be very embarrassing. What do you think?

Jacko574 wrote: »
    I am in a similar predicament Mellow Yellow. I went to an all-boys school in Dublin and am stuck for a date for the debs. I would be interested in your switching offer as not having a date would be very embarrassing. What do you think?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHp0s2wKajw

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

I love to party. ;)

But seriously, I think you should try to get someone a little more close to home if you can. Lots of people would love to go a Debs, so if anyone you know fits the bill, I'd say asking them is worth a shot! :)

Jacko574 wrote: »
    ah Jack, you coward!! why hast thou left so soon? i suffer from chronic laziness hense my delayed response.. the poster says to specifically PM me, so yeaaah, naturally an interested party should pm me!

TSMGUY wrote: »

presumptious...quit scaring off potential suitors w the quick wit, the poor guys gone runnin'

presumptious...quit scaring off potential suitors w the quick wit, the poor guys gone runnin'

:pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement