Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another learner permit question (sorry)

Options
  • 20-07-2016 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

My leaner permit expired in april and id like to renew it , this would be my second one. Can anyone please tell me do i need to bring in another eye test cert again. as its not quite clear on the website?

also if you can tell me exactly what i need to bring with me would be great.

I have my :
    old learners permit
    pps number proof (payslip )
    passport to prove my identity
    form 401 is filled out

I have no health issues, nothing has changed since my last test in 2014. This new one would be my second learners permit. Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

If nothing has changed with your sight then you dont need a new one. If the old permit says you need glasses, then the new one will say the same

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

beaner92 wrote: »
    I have my :
    old learners permit
    pps number proof (payslip )
    passport to prove my identity
    form 401 is filled out

If none of your personal details need to be amended (name, address, date of birth, place of birth etc.). All you'll need is the old permit, the form and the fee.

You only need to establish your personal details, PPSN etc the first time. The expired permit is your ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

cantdecide wrote: »
    If none of your personal details need to be amended (name, address, date of birth, place of birth etc.). All you'll need is the old permit, the form and the fee.

You only need to establish your personal details, PPSN etc the first time. The expired permit is your ID.

When I went to my first renew album I was turned away because I had no proof of PPS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

beaner92 wrote: »
    My leaner permit expired in april
    When I went to my first renew album I was turned away because I had no proof of PPS

The way the proof of PPS works is that you only have to present it to the NDLS the first time you visit them regardless of whether it's your first time learner permit or replacing a lost full licence. This is for the NDLS to establish the link between your PPS number and your driver number.

As both numbers are unique to an individual and never change, you don't have to provide that link ever again. The OP in this case presented to the NDLS in April 2014 for his first permit which was about 6 months after the NDLS took over from the Motor Tax Office. So he would not have to provide proof of PPSN this time or ever again.

If you have presented proof of PPSN to the NDLS before and they turned you away, this was a mistake on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

And form D401 is the wrong form. Learner permit renewal requires form D201

• Advertisement
Advertisement