Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest fabric in dublin

Options
  • 19-07-2016 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know where to get cheap fabric in Dublin. They don't need to be great quality just have a good selection.

thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭armabelle

I did some more research and there seems to be some good fabric stores in newbridge and also IKEA. IKEA is closer for me so might go see what they have. Does anybody know if they keep the fabrics in-store? I only saw it on the website.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

armabelle wrote: »
    I did some more research and there seems to be some good fabric stores in newbridge and also IKEA. IKEA is closer for me so might go see what they have. Does anybody know if they keep the fabrics in-store? I only saw it on the website.

They have it in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

If you don't find what you want, you can always resort to buying king-size flat sheets, it'll probably work out a lot cheaper, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,194 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Or go to a charity shop and buy good condition flat sheets and quilt covers. I use them for making period costumes that need acres of fairly simple fabric, and you can pick up a good sheet for a couple of euros, throw it in the wash and you have usable fabric.

Alternatively Michael Guineys have good cheap fabric.

Advertisement