Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

OPEL vectra 2008-1.6 petrol

Options
  • 19-07-2016 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi.would.like if someone could give me a little advice on this car. Im thinking about having a look. Anyone got one or had one ? Mileage around 80000 miles. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd look at something else. The Vectra was not a great car and the 1.6 litre petrol engine was the poorest engine fitted to it. Something like a 1.6 Avensis or Mondeo would be a better buy imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pinkles

thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pinkles

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd look at something else. The Vectra was not a great car and the 1.6 litre petrol engine was the poorest engine fitted to it. Something like a 1.6 Avensis or Mondeo would be a better buy imo.

is the astra more or less the same thing in your opinion? i was also thinking of going down to 1.4 astra , as im quite limited price wise.?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I wouldn't say the Astra was as poorly designed as the Vectra, the 1.4 is nippy enough but I wouldn't limit my options to just Opels.

Advertisement