Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CVRT re-test

Options
  • 19-07-2016 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭

Van failed CVRT test for X and Y reasons. I got those fixed and brought it for re-test a few days ago (all within the allowed time period) - initially tester didn't agree they had been fixed but having put my mechanic onto him on phone , he reluctantly agreed. Now he has failed me for A & B reasons - nothing to do with the initial reasons. Can he do that? I am going thru FAQs etc on the CVRT site to inform me.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Yes of course he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

But if those points were not regarded as important a fortnight ago, why are they fail points now? Neither are in any way different from their previous appearance/state?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They probably weren't spotted first time out.

Take it up with the tester as there's no way you can solve this issue on a forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Thanks - I understand that but I thought there was a similar proviso on these situations as in Planning Permission - if you fix X for the planners, they can't then refuse you on the basis of Y.

Advertisement