Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Overlays in CSS

Options
  • 19-07-2016 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Currently devoloping a site for my company alongside a web dev company who are doing most of the project for us. We had requested a certain feature be implemetned and we were told it couldnt be done, but I wanted to check with further communities!

Basically our branding entails using High quality imagery, with a a portion of the picture in black and white, and then a coloured overlay on the same portion with a 'multiply' blend. We use this across a variety of images, and what we wanted to do was apply this to a timelapse. We were given the following response. :

"if you could send across an example time-lapse video (raw format) so we can look into the cost of creating a multiple overlay effect for each video in Aftereffects. This is the only way to achieve the effect you are looking for, as speaking with the developers the effect used on T3 in the code is a simple overlay. Whereas the effect you are looking for is a multiply (which can't be achieved in CSS) and only applies to a certain area of the video."

I felt like this was not the best way forward, also meaning we would have to edit every video before uploading as opposed to just uploading and having the filters in place. Ive attached a link to a type of video and an image example. Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

http://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-7374595-stock-footage-glasgow-scotland-circa-october-clyde-arc-bridge-crossing-the-river-clyde-circa-october.html?src=search/HlqoYMID0JjNphHAi0cIdg:1:2/3p

Comments

Advertisement