Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€910 Build Ready

Options
  • 19-07-2016 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

CPU: i5 6600k
    Cooler: Hyper Evo 212 cooler
    MOBO: Z170A PC Mate
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 2666mhz
    PSU: Segotop silver 600w
    (Bought them in a bundle together on adverts, with over 2 year warranty on all parts) 400
    SSD: Sandisk Ultra II 480gb 95 new (Think I made a mistake here, might sell the ssd and buy a 240gb ssd plus 500gb/1tb harddrive)
    Case: NZXT H440 125 new
    GPU: RX 480 4gb Nitro 290* new (Preordered from OCUK at 238.50 pounds including delivery,
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 480 4gb 270* new (Preordered from OCUK 225 pounds including delivery at the moment I have the 970 but I ordered an ips freesync monitor)

Total: 910 890 (including delivery)

Quite happy with what I've been able to get at that total price. Have all those parts bought, just waiting for the gpu next month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nice, hope the build goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

480 is a bit expensive, not worth 290

Not much faster than your 970 either

I would wait for prices to drop on 1070 or for 490

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Akingbade

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Nice, hope the build goes well.
    Thanks!
    thierry14 wrote: »
    480 is a bit expensive, not worth 290

Not much faster than your 970 either

I would wait for prices to drop on 1070 or for 490

You're right 290 is a bit expensive but I've got with a monitor with freesync and I'd like to take advantage of that. I was thinking about getting a r9 390 but i'll have to buy another power supply (don't trust this one to handle a 390) so it'll just cost me around the same if I just go with a 480.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Looks damn good. Best of luck with the build :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Akingbade wrote: »
    Thanks!

You're right 290 is a bit expensive but I've got with a monitor with freesync and I'd like to take advantage of that. I was thinking about getting a r9 390 but i'll have to buy another power supply (don't trust this one to handle a 390) so it'll just cost me around the same if I just go with a 480.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-amd-radeon-rx-480-review

RX 480 is about neck-and-neck with an R9 390 anyway.

• Advertisement

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Looks damn good. Best of luck with the build :D

Thanks, hopefully I dont do anything wrong!
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    480 is about neck-and-neck with an R9 390 anyway.

Yeah I'm fine with getting the 480. It'll the my first gpu, I won't know the difference and rather have the a newer card.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

how was the 4gb version that much? i bought the 8gb and it was just more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

There are no 4gb versions on overclockers which cost that much. (not including shipping) Are you sure it's a 4gb card?

mossym wrote: »
    how was the 4gb version that much? i bought the 8gb and it was just more than that
    Xenoronin wrote: »
    There are no 4gb versions on overclockers which cost that much. (not including shipping) Are you sure it's a 4gb card?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-480-nitro-4096mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-37d-sp.html

RX 480 209.99 Pounds, and when you pick the delivery to ireland its 238 pounds which is now roughly 283 euros converted.

@Mossym, I'm presuming you have the reference 8gb 480?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-480-nitro-4096mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-37d-sp.html

RX 480 209.99 Pounds, and when you pick the delivery to ireland its 238 pounds which is now roughly 283 euros converted.

nope, the sapphire 8gb oc edition, on pre-order, already been charged to paypal and came in at 303 euros. only 20 euros more for the 8gb seems a small difference

edit: i got this one https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-480-nitro-oc-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-37b-sp.html

• Advertisement

nope, the sapphire 8gb oc edition, on pre-order, already been charged to paypal and came in at 303 euros. only 20 euros more for the 8gb seems a small difference

edit: i got this one https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-480-nitro-oc-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-37b-sp.html

Mind sending me a link to that on their page? Pretty sure the nitro is the only aib are selling at this minute.

Mind sending me a link to that on their page? Pretty sure the nitro is the only aib are selling at this minute.

edited my post to include the link just before you replied

and yes it's the 8gb nitro i got

edited my post to include the link just before you replied

and yes it's the 8gb nitro i got

Oh figured it was that one. But 250 pounds plus delivery of 24 pounds is around 325 euros. How did you get it at 303?

Edit: Exchange rate back then maybe?

delivery wasn't 24 pounds. total including delivery was 256gbp, converted to 303. . the 8gb version has free shipping on the site, teh 4gb doesn't, so maybe the shipping was cheaper because of that? if i add the 4gb card, total comes to 240gbp, which is only 16 less than what i paid for the 8gb even before you consider exchange rates

ah, select dpd two day on the site on the 8gb card and shipping is free to ireland

delivery wasn't 24 pounds. total including delivery was 256gbp, converted to 303. . the 8gb version has free shipping on the site, teh 4gb doesn't, so maybe the shipping was cheaper because of that? if i add the 4gb card, total comes to 240gbp, which is only 16 less than what i paid for the 8gb even before you consider exchange rates

Dug deeper and you absolutely right. If you place that model in the basket and then change the delivery from "DHL worldwide express" (24 pounds) to DPD Two Day it becomes free shipping. Justwondering if DPD Two day applies to Ireland? If so then ill happily switch my order now!

Dug deeper and you absolutely right. If you place that model in the basket and then change the delivery from "DHL worldwide express" (24 pounds) to DPD Two Day it becomes free shipping. Justwondering if DPD Two day applies to Ireland? If so then ill happily switch my order now!

i'm 99.9% sure it does for the simple reason all the shipping options change once you switch the delivery code to ireland. unless it's a total mistake on their site. if it is, they will have to contact me, i'll switch the delivery to parcel motel and it will only be an extra 4 euros

and obviously, all that being said, contact them and switch the order:)

and obviously, all that being said, contact them and switch the order:)

Yeah I just asked in their forums. Also I might consider keeping my order for the 4gb model but change the delivery to the DPD Two Day equaling to around <270* euros instead :)

Just changed my order to get the Gigabyte 480 4gb for 226 pounds so about 270 euro. It's ETA is the 29th of July as opposed to the 5th with the nitro 4gb, and I think it looks better. RGB is nice too I guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement