Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RGB LED strips for Desk Build?

Options
  • 19-07-2016 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend some RGB LED kits. I'd be using about 6 linear metres of it. Best value, reliable etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭thegreenbean

Calibos wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend some RGB LED kits. I'd be using about 6 linear metres of it. Best value, reliable etc

Hi there
    your best bet is b&q, they sell them in reels of varying lengths for between 50/70 euro. Just plug into the wall and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Hi there
    your best bet is b&q, they sell them in reels of varying lengths for between 50/70 euro. Just plug into the wall and go.

I got a few rolls on aliexpress, 5m lengths. Obviously no ce certs and a European plug! An option though if you are doing it on a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Go to your local electrical wholesaler, they should have them and they should be a whole lot cheaper than anything B&Q would sell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I got a few rolls on aliexpress, 5m lengths. Obviously no ce certs and a European plug! An option though if you are doing it on a budget.

Wow, what ever about saving a few quid and no European plug, but using equipment that's non CE/EU reg compliant, no way. Recipe for disaster IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

TallGlass wrote: »
    Wow, what ever about saving a few quid and no European plug, but using equipment that's non CE/EU reg compliant, no way. Recipe for disaster IMO.

They are low power, and running through a fused 3 amp adapter. The strips themselves are standard rgb 5050. If I was worried I could buy a power supply locally. Not being certified does not mean it is not compliant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement