Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo xc90

Options
  • 19-07-2016 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone here ever owned a volvo xc 90 seven seater?
    Would like to hear peoples opinions, good, bad or indifferent.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

New one or the old one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

interiors age terribly and the gearbox can give trouble after 160k or so.

I presume you are talking about the mk1 by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Jerome77

Thanks I would like one around 2005 era. Need seven seater and I like the look of these cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Which engine are you looking at? My parents have the 2.4 D5 from 2004. Drives very nice, the engine is very reliable. The main thing with them is that 2 of the engine mounts are vacuum operated and they tend to leak out vacuum after some years. The vacuum is used to operate the veins in the turbo which can cause issues. A quick test is removing the oil cap with the engine running and you should be able to hear a loud popping sound if there is a vacuum leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭fits

I had a look at some recently. Agree that the interiors can look very worn. It will be difficult to find a clean example from 2005.

• Advertisement
Advertisement