Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Exhaust problem

Options
  • 18-07-2016 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hoping someone can help as I don't know much about cars, I have a10 year old yaris which recently failed the nct on a visual as the muffler was hanging down. Was fine before i brought it in as soon if drove off from the nct centre the car was a lot louder. I brought it to a garage to get it fixed, the guys in the nct centre said it just needed to be welded however the garage said there was too much rust so had to fit a new exhaust.

Got the new exhaust fitted about 2 weeks ago passed the nct when I brought it back however now when I am stopped in traffic or driving really slow I can hear a rattling noise I can't hear it all the time only sometimes.

I never had any problems until I brought it for the nct. Any ideas what the problem would be

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

The exhaust hangers or brackets were probably bad and when the NCT did the suspension test (shaking all the wheels) they must have broke at that point.

I would bring the car back to the garage that replaced it and tell them it's happening and they should fix it!

Advertisement