Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to buy a good DA

Options
  • 18-07-2016 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Want to buy a da for home paint work and detailing.
    anyone able to advise on what specs I should look at, good brands or models and where they can be bought?
    Thanks
    T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Brands wise these are meant to be good:
    If I was buying one I'd be going for a named brand one to be honest, Orbital, Dodo Juice and Kestrel would be very good ones.

I got mine used from a guy on Boards with a set of pads, detailing tape and 3 polishes. Might be worth looking at Adverts maybe?

You might be able to pick this up cheaply: http://www.adverts.ie/other/professional-dual-action-car-polisher/10668518

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

D and d detailing in cork sell them too and have online shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

I got mine through D&D Detailing. Top lads and top service. They do offers, such as complete kit. 3 pads of varying grades, 3 varying grades of polish etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dzwx

I'm in the market for a da also, I know that we should support local market, economy etc, but can someone explain to me why there is such a huge difference in price Irl vs Uk?

Das 6 pro (machine only no pads, polishes etc)

D&D detailing €210

Well known UK supplier €150 delivered

That's 60 quid to spend on polishes, pads or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Exchange rate plays a huge factor. Irish supplier buys from UK supplier and Brexit occurs and instant 10% difference and they could have a large amount invested at the worse rate. Shipping is another cost.

Should you run into an issue with one, likely be easier and cheaper to return to the Irish supplier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Want to buy a da for home paint work and detailing.
    anyone able to advise on what specs I should look at, good brands or models and where they can be bought?
    Thanks
    T

As said,
    Local economy needs the support
    But so do our pockets at times.

this >>http://www.perfectlycleaned.co.uk/perfectly-cleaned-das6-pro-plus-12mm-dual-action-polisher---meguiars-and-hex-pads-kit-10220-p.asp

Not sure which one you're looking at in D&D but if its the orange oracle DA then you need to compare it with other DA6 pro +, which have a big 15mm throw and a powerfull 800-900 watt motor. Unlike other DA6 Pro with less powerfull motors the DA6 Pro + won't bog down and stop spinning even with a lot of pressure being applied.

The fall in the currency at the moment is making purchasing products from the UK much more tempting. But as Curran mentioned if anything went wrong with the DA it would be much easier to deal with someone in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Went with this in the end
    http://polishnparts.ie/kestrel-das-6-power-plus-complete-kit/
    Very impressed :)

Good purchase, the more powerful motor is the correct DAS6 to purchase. Nice kit with it too. Put some photos up of your work when you get around using it.

Not sure which one you're looking at in D&D but if its the orange oracle DA then you need to compare it with other DA6 pro +, which have a big 15mm throw and a powerfull 800-900 watt motor. Unlike other DA6 Pro with less powerfull motors the DA6 Pro + won't bog down and stop spinning even with a lot of pressure being applied.

The fall in the currency at the moment is making purchasing products from the UK much more tempting. But as Curran mentioned if anything went wrong with the DA it would be much easier to deal with someone in Ireland.

Hi Ron, was comparing exactly same machines das6 pro 850w and 8mm just to show the price difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

vectra wrote: »

I was going to get one of those, but I couldn't place an order on that website, since they only ship to UK. Parcel Motel address isn't enough either as the site tracks your location via the IP. I guess one needs a UK VPN...
    So at the end I went for this one:

http://www.detailyourcar.be/polishing-power-dap900-plus-12mm-d-a-dual-action-p.html

Just need a free weekend to test it now :)

Thinking about shinemate ero 600 from cyc in UK, it has a less powerful motor but the owner said on detailing word that machine is very hard to bug down as it has some torque feature or something
    That one or das 6 pro as price on them is very close

dzwx wrote: »
    Thinking about shinemate ero 600 from cyc in UK, it has a less powerful motor but the owner said on detailing word that machine is very hard to bug down as it has some torque feature or something
    That one or das 6 pro as price on them is very close

I had a shinemate EP801 rotary and found it great.
    Maybe the ep600 would have enough torque. I cannot say.
    I would prefer to go with the 900w motor personally.

I must shoot David en email regarding the issue of buying from Ireland.

I agree with Vectra, if at all possible try and go for the 880-900 watt motor.

gibbon75 wrote: »
    I was going to get one of those, but I couldn't place an order on that website, since they only ship to UK. Parcel Motel address isn't enough either as the site tracks your location via the IP. I guess one needs a UK VPN...
    So at the end I went for this one:

http://www.detailyourcar.be/polishing-power-dap900-plus-12mm-d-a-dual-action-p.html

Just need a free weekend to test it now :)

I got on to David and he gave me the following answer.
    Hi, we ship to Northern Ireland but not Southern Ireland. Where is your friend based?

I cant see how you were unable to order from him as I bought items from him before.

vectra wrote: »
    I got on to David and he gave me the following answer.

I cant see how you were unable to order from him as I bought items from him before.

I've tried 3 different web browsers through 3 different days.
    Tried via the "Checkout securely" and "Check out with PayPal" option, but after filling in all the details etc. it kept throwing me back to the order page.

gibbon75 wrote: »
    I've tried 3 different web browsers through 3 different days.
    Tried via the "Checkout securely" and "Check out with PayPal" option, but after filling in all the details etc. it kept throwing me back to the order page.

OK
    I have been on to David again about this and this was his reply this morning.

( By the way, I have no association with him or his company, )
    I just bought some items from him before and he is a genuine bloke.
    This polisher kit seems a decent one as well.
    It's likely noting his IP address (or registered payment address) as being in Ireland.

If he wants to confirm the kit he requires, provides a UK delivery address and makes payment via paypal (our paypal account is sales@perfectlycleaned.co.uk) we can then process the order.

The IP address was my guess as well.
    Anyway I went with the one from Belgium at the end (this was about a month ago).

Advertisement