Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clondalkin/fonthill station second building

Options
  • 18-07-2016 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

I've used the station sporadically for going to the city centre and have always wondered what the building across from the station was I've never seen it open yet there is a lift from the platform leading to it. anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I've used the station sporadically for going to the city centre and have always wondered what the building across from the station was I've never seen it open yet there is a lift from the platform leading to it. anyone know?

Think it was planned for a Metro line, developers covered the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Think it was planned for a Metro line, developers covered the cost.

Seams a waste just to leave, the road passing the station has a bus lane yet only 2 busses pass each way on weekdays (51d) surely a stop could be built here with the building turned into a waiting room with an rpti ect then route 40 could take a slight detour to serve the station and route 76 be altered to take the fonthill road like it did during the track upgrades this then opens the station to people living in clondalkin villiage and the liffey valley area this linked with the new services to grand canal docks could greatly improve passenger numbers using the station

Advertisement