Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta door handle not working

Options
  • 18-07-2016 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

The external door handle of an 01 fiesta is not working. When you try to open the door it lifts but does not pull the door opening mechanism. would that be a broken cable or one that has come off what ever it is on. Read of that possibility on a site. Don't suppose anyone has a diagram of the internal workings of the door and how to remove the card etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

biko wrote: »
    Thanks . see image i pulled from the net. The door card is removed, how is the handle as in the image here removed?
    There is a cable along the inside of the door from the inside handle. How do you get it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Thanks . see image i pulled from the net. The door card is removed, how is the handle as in the image here removed?
    There is a cable along the inside of the door from the inside handle. How do you get it out?

The handle will have a 'circlip' behind it you have to take the circle off first. A small thin flathead should allow you to pop off the circlip

You probably don't need to remove handle.
    With card off, use a torch to have a look. Its possible it's just the mechanism that has been separated.

This often looks like a metal rod and some sort of hook.
    Particularly in your case when handle lifts with no resistance but doesn't open door.
    Inside handle works so locking mechanism is working from inside.

I haven't done a Fiesta handle but a few old Micras and they only have a rod/latch that needs to be connected again (if I recall right).

do any of the side door screws have to come off

• Advertisement

Probably not. It really depends on what the issue is.
    If it's just that the rod has come away you should be able to just hook it back.

Compare to the working door and hopefully it will become clear what the difference is.

Thanks guys a friend who called fixed it for us. Not sure how was making the coffee

Advertisement