Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which one should last me the longest?

Options
  • 18-07-2016 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Asus Zenbook UX301LA

Asus UX305CA

(not sure about this) Refurbished HP Envy 13

All roughly around same price point, which should allow me to not have to upgrade for 3-5 years? I won't be using it overly heavily but still want power when required. The refurbished Envy seems a great bargain, but I'm not too sure how much I trust laptopsdirect and their customer service if something goes wrong.

Looking to buy very soon, thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The second Asus is running a Intel Core M processor, which is targeting ultra low power consumption and efficiency. Definitely not meant for any heavy lifting at all. Therefore the UX301LA would look to be the better buy. Asus are a good brand and make good machines, I'm typing on a 4 year old ultrabook here that is as good as new. The only gripe I have about both of your choices is the pathetic storage available. It would be worth figuring out if this is user upgradeable as 128GB simply isn't enough any more imo.

Advertisement