Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building my first gaming PC

Options
  • 18-07-2016 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Thought i'd finally getting around to building my own PC rather than a pre-made one. Not really sure what components to use but I want to try get the new 480 in the build along with an SSD.

1. What is your budget? €700 - €800

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming, likes of Battlefield, Arma and the odd car game

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? no

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? no

5. Do you need a monitor? no

5a. If yes, what size do you need?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Card/PayPal

9. When are you purchasing? Coming months

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Dublin, but I should be okay with building it.

Thanks for your time :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i5 6400 €170
    B150 board €60
    8gb DDR4 €50
    R9 480 €300
    250gb SSD €75
    Case €50
    500w PsU €60
    1tb HDD €50
    Total €810 think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Usual advice applies. Digital's list are general pricing. Mindfactory.de, Amazon.co.uk (or .de/.fr/.es), Overclockers.co.uk are all reputable sellers. If purchasing from germany, buy the case from amazon.co.uk to avoid extra shipping costs.

Advertisement