Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundrum Body Piercing - any good?

Options
  • 18-07-2016 3:53pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I did use the search function for the above, but the only thread I found was quite old. I was wondering has anyone had any experiences with the above piercing studio? Going from their website, it looks like it's the one that used to be Adonis at the back of Ms Fantasia's in town, but they've now moved.

I'd usually go to Wildcat for piercings, but am finding it very difficult to get into the city centre. Dundrum is within walking distance of where I live, so it'd be very handy for me to get to, however I don't want to go somewhere I haven't heard anything about, so I'm hoping maybe someone on here has some more info on it?

I'm getting my nose pierced, if that makes any difference. :pac:

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Just thought I'd come back to this in case anyone else is looking for info in future. I phoned Dundrum Piercing to get more info on the piercing etc, the woman on the phone was very friendly and happy to chat to me at length about it on the phone, wasn't trying to fob me off or push me to come in so I thought I'd give it a shot.

The studio is tucked away off the main street in Dundrum and in kind of a weird set-up they share the building with a couple of offices, so the waiting area is shared with the offices too. When I went down it was a little after 5 so there was nobody from the offices there, but the waiting room was quite big, so I reckon even if the other places had been open there'd have been plenty of room.

The piercing room itself is small but clean, when I arrived it was the usual (fill in consent form and briefly discuss piercing, all the equipment still in sealed packages) and then sit in the chair while the piercer marks up my nose and made sure I was happy with the position.

The piercing itself was incredibly quick, like it was literally done before I had a chance to react, which was great! (Obviously I felt it, hardly likely not to notice a massive needle being shoved through my nose, it certainly smarted, one eye was watering profusely). Before he'd started, he'd given me a paper towel to put under my chin like a bib, because sometimes nose piercings bleed a bit and I was wearing a white top. Mine bled a bit, but not too badly, it stopped quickly enough.

I was all set to go, but when I stood up to leave I felt all light headed. They were really nice and told me to lie down and dispatched my husband over to the shop to get me a cold bottle of coke :pac: :o (in hindsight, it probably might not have been the best idea to get pierced on the hottest day of the year) so while he was gone I was chatting to them and it turns out the shop did used to be in the back of Ms Fantasia's and the guy who pierced my nose is the same guy that did my belly button many years ago. I think his name is Glen.

Anyhoo, I certainly had a good experience there, I'm delighted with the nose piercing, there's been very little swelling and it's not sore at all now. I can't comment on the tattoo section - from what I saw it's a separate studio and it was closed because the guy was on holidays - but I'd happily recommend the piercing place.

Advertisement