Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boulder Dash 30th Anniversary - Steam

Options
  • 18-07-2016 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

I don't usually take much notice of anything that's listed on Steam Greenlight , until I spotted this -

Boulder Dash 30th Anniversary

It's been greenlit and should be available soon .

It seems to involve the original creators behind Boulder Dash .

I can't even begin to imagine the amount of hours I spent playing Boulder Dash on my Commofore 64 , never mind waiting for it to load :D

It looks a bit "shiney" , for want of a better word ,kind of like the recent Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams game.

392075.gif

Hopefully there's a retro mode available .

Anybody else looking forward to this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I spent hours (and hours and hours) designing levels on the C64, so this looks like it will scratch that itch. If there is a good community, there could be endless replayability.

This looks like a great version (and not as 'shiny' as other recent boulderdash versions that I've seen).

Not sure about the music though. It was bad 30 years ago and I don't think it sounds much better today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

That was my favorite game on my Atari 800XL so hopefully the remake lives up to expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

The Steam store page is up .

http://store.steampowered.com/app/502320

Hopefully it'll be reasonably priced .

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm guessing €19.99.

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm guessing €19.99.

I'd say that's about right .

The Android version is €7.60 , with in app purchases .

• Advertisement

Well ,

It's just gone live on Steam and it's €14.99, with two pieces of DLC @ €1.99 each .

Downloading now , but I have to go out and won't get to try it until later :mad:

Edit : I got it with 10% off , so it was 13.49 :D

Advertisement