Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caravan Choice

Options
  • 18-07-2016 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

Howdy,

I am looking to purchase my first caravan soon, so looking for advice and knowledge.

I've done some digging and I have been looking at the second hand Freedom Microlite caravans and other similar sized makes such as Eriba

A couple of things are influencing my decision to go that small, but its mainly the lack of space I have for storage. I'm not too bothered about toilets or showers as we can use campsite facilities.

What I would like to know is has anyone had experience with living with small caravans?? Any downfalls apart from the obvious? And are there any other makes that do small, practical 3 berth caravans apart from Freedom, Eriba, Go-pod etc that I might be missing, bearing in mind I'm looking in the second hand market with a budget of 3K.

P.S Id love a teardrop caravan, but I really need a 3 berth at a minimum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

16ted.jpg:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

If you're concerned about space, the addition of an awning will double your available floor area.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

What I notice with folk who use smaller caravans is they utilise their car much more as storage space.

Also a good awning with camping table, foldable workable etc would make things easier.

kids use the toilet in the van every night, so for us it's essential, but the tent population manage so it's possible to manage without. Be a pain though on some sites you could be a bit away and if it's raining during the night !!

Advertisement