Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revise wise biology

Options
  • 18-07-2016 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

With the new revise wise out, is there much difference in terms of course content.
    I have the old revise wise, with the purple and green cover. Was hoping to give it to a friend. But will it still cover him for most of the course or is he better off to get the new one as it might have more added. Realistically what im trying to ask has anyone used the old one this year and how did it work out for you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

With the new revise wise out, is there much difference in terms of course content.
    I have the old revise wise, with the purple and green cover. Was hoping to give it to a friend. But will it still cover him for most of the course or is he better off to get the new one as it might have more added. Realistically what im trying to ask has anyone used the old one this year and how did it work out for you

Yeah I had the older one this year even though my friend had the newer one. Very little difference. A few diagrams and sections are updated but nothing major. Sure offer it to your friend anyways! You might save them a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

I did my Leaving Cert in 2015 and I got a hold of the old ReviseWise Biology. It was an absolute lifesaver for me and I got an A1. I knew the course content well from being in class but it was quite hazy coming up to exam time. I found the book to be an excellent resource in the days preceding my exam as it enabled me to simply refresh my mind with what I needed to know in a time efficient manner. In that sense, it was absolutely fantastic and it probably upped my grade significantly.

So chances are that the old book would be a fine gift if your friend doesn't want to buy the old one. :)

Advertisement