Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 320d E90 remap advice

Options
  • 18-07-2016 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I have a 2005 BMW 320d E90 163bhp I was considering getting a remap that I've been told can get me about an extra 40 bhp and 80nm of torque. The car has reasonably high mileage 170,000 but it's driving perfectly and serviced every 6,000 mls and I'm only the third owner from new. Mostly motorway driving all week. I have recently had a brand new clutch and DMF put in so that's basically made me more interested in getting the remap.

Would you bother with the high mileage?
    Anyone else have any similar situations or any advice? I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Sean_w94 wrote: »
    Would you bother with the high mileage?
    Anyone else have any similar situations or any advice? I would really appreciate it.

Remove the swirl flaps as well, if it wasn't done before...

No, I would not be worried about the mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Sorry to Hijack this a bit.

Who's a recommended diesel mapper in Dublin these days (Is Joe Power still doing them?) Also, whats the current going rate for a 1.9 TDI remap on a Dyno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Sorry to Hijack this a bit.

Who's a recommended diesel mapper in Dublin these days (Is Joe Power still doing them?) Also, whats the current going rate for a 1.9 TDI remap on a Dyno.

Joe Power in Blackchurch Motors

http://www.blackchurchmotors.ie/

I think it's around €300-€350 for a dyno tested stage 1 map.

Advertisement