Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading to 1440p

Options
  • 18-07-2016 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

so I plan on upgrading my PC to handle 1440p gaming. Basically involves a few upgrades to the PC and a new monitor. I was hoping for some advice on what to get.

Monitor wise, something like this is in my price range, sadly it doesn't deliver to ireland. Any other suggestions? I would like to stay around the 27" range but would probably drop to 25" for the right one.

Now, PC wise.

I currently have:

i5 3750k
    8GB RAM
    970 GTX

I've been told that the i5 should still be fine for 1440p (can anyone confirm?). Maybe do some OC on it.

I'll be increasing the RAM to 16GB.

Most importantly, I'll probably sell the 970 and upgrade to a 1070 or 1080. My question is whether the 1070 is enough for 1440p or do I really need the 1080?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement