Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window spares

Options
  • 18-07-2016 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

hi folks,

wondering if anyone could advise me on window spares. Looking for 2 of the window arms (picture attached). I am finding it hard to close them once opened. Takes a few goes of pushing it all the way open and hoping it closes.

Anywhere in Ireland to get them delivered to Dublin..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    hi folks,

wondering if anyone could advise me on window spares. Looking for 2 of the window arms (picture attached). I am finding it hard to close them once opened. Takes a few goes of pushing it all the way open and hoping it closes.

Anywhere in Ireland to get them delivered to Dublin..

You need to lubricate them a coule of times a year with silicone lubricant, open fully spray the strut, close, repeat a few times if you haven't done it before. You'll get silicone spray lube in any motorfactors.

If you did need replacements donagheys would probably have or source them for you:
    http://www.partsformotorhomes.com/parts/spare-parts/seitz.html?___SID=U

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

You need to lubricate them a coule of times a year with silicone lubricant, open fully spray the strut, close, repeat a few times if you haven't done it before. You'll get silicone spray lube in any motorfactors.

If you did need replacements donagheys would probably have or source them for you:
    http://www.partsformotorhomes.com/parts/spare-parts/seitz.html?___SID=U
    Thanks for that. I have tried WD40 and it improves for a while but never for long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I have tried WD40 and it improves for a while but never for long.

wd40 is no good for a lot of plastics it can actually leech the plasticiser additives from the plastic and make it hard and brittle hence recommendation for silicone spray, you may be past the silicone spray point and need solid silicone grease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

wd40 is no good for a lot of plastics it can actually leech the plasticiser additives from the plastic and make it hard and brittle hence recommendation for silicone spray, you may be past the silicone spray point and need solid silicone grease.

The arms are metal. Are you saying there is a plastic alternative or is it just the plastic handles that may get damaged..

Advertisement