Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy a used motorcycle.

Options
  • 17-07-2016 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Well,

I'm currently looking to buy a used Motorbike, at least 250cc (On an A2) but I feel like I am missing out on more than just going to Donedeal and Adverts. Is there any other Irish websites that have used Bikes?
    Hopefully I'd be getting a Ninja 250r, but I'd absolutely love to get a Ninja 300 ( Something newer, I've had bad reliability problems on older bikes)The budget is roughly 3k. What is the process of getting something over in England or up the North, is it too much hassle more than it's worth?
    If anyone can point some stuff out that would be grand.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Well,

I'm currently looking to buy a used Motorbike, at least 250cc (On an A2) but I feel like I am missing out on more than just going to Donedeal and Adverts. Is there any other Irish websites that have used Bikes?
    Hopefully I'd be getting a Ninja 250r, but I'd absolutely love to get a Ninja 300 ( Something newer, I've had bad reliability problems on older bikes)The budget is roughly 3k. What is the process of getting something over in England or up the North, is it too much hassle more than it's worth?
    If anyone can point some stuff out that would be grand.
    Cheers

They'd be the main sites. Biker.ie is another or Irish Bikes for sale groups on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭sleepysniper

If your in or near Dublin head over the lads in City Spares. Really sounds bunch of lads - no BS with them at all. They'll get you motoring cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

If your in or near Dublin head over the lads in City Spares. Really sounds bunch of lads - no BS with them at all. They'll get you motoring cheap enough.

Not really the place to be laying down 3k , especially for a learner :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭sleepysniper

D3V!L wrote:
    Not really the place to be laying down 3k , especially for a learner

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

My impression is that there is a shortage of well minded decent priced bikes atm (well at least for the last couple of months since I started looking on the web). You have to keep scanning donedeal/adverts on a daily basis and arrange a viewing straight away when you see something suitable.

Bikes I was interested in where sold within a couple of hours of advertising.
    In the end I went down the dealer route and bought a bike off Scott's bikes in Harold's Cross. Sound guys to deal with:)

For 3k you can find a well minded 250r but not a 300.
    However there are a good few 500 and 600cc bikes out there which would be suitable for A2 (or can be restricted).

• Advertisement
Advertisement