Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Veloster to buy or not to buy ?

Options
  • 17-07-2016 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

I notice these have been discontinued here but a newer model is available in the USA, Does anyone know if they will be available here ? Im looking at a 2013 and I'm just wondering if i would run into problems regarding parts if its no longer available here? Would it be a bad buy ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No problems with parts, but it's obviously not as common as say a Corolla or i30 so you mightn't get much options for spurious suspension parts / body panels etc. Service parts should be grand, the 1.6 GDI is being used in the Tucson now.
    I think they're a good car. They're holding decent money second hand too despite all the cynics predictions that they would be worth nothing used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

colm_mcm wrote: »
    No problems with parts. All hyundais are discounted at the moment anyway.
    I think they're a good car. They're holding decent money second hand too despite all the cynics predictions that they would be worth nothing used.

why are they all discounted at the moment ?

Hyundai doing trade and upgrade deals. Sorry I misread discontinued as discounted

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They discontinued it because of poor sales. The Kia Proceed would be a very close relative of it. Regarding the Veloster that are available here second hand, other than different body parts I think they are mostly the same as the i30/Proceed underneath.

Platform wise they'd be related to the Kia Soul/Venga/Rio, Hyundai ix20/i20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

Had a 2012 Veloster. Plenty of toys but sooo dull to drive and the engine is woeful. Interior rather low rent too.

Probably reliable but didn't keep mine long enough to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I thought the Veloster was a good effort.

the engine didn't have much of a character but it was reasonably powerful for what it is. it is distinctly a Hyundai, but depending on your expectations, this may not necessarily be anything to worry about.

Reliability is good, but as said above, don't expect to be buying parts anywhere except for the main dealer, there isn't much in common with other models except for the engine itself. you'll have no hassle sourcing parts for the foreseeable future and a 2013 model should have 2 ish years manufacturers warranty remaining.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Parts are v. expensive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement