Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer F5-571

Options
  • 17-07-2016 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Want a second laptop for research. Essentially browsing internet, you-tube + microsoft office. No gaming, no videos. Just a solid performer, reasonable speed to replace my current desktop which has had it's day (windows xp, no chrome updates, etc). Budget 500-550 euros. Wondering if SSD is necessary.
    Have been looking at this: http://www.pcworld.ie/product/acer-aspire-f5571-156-laptop-black/328997/396.0.0
    Any thoughts, suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Hmm I was snopping at that myself.

One thing that's very important to me is audio quality. I totally understand that's not important to everyone. That Acer TruHarmony stuff gets a bad rap. Plenty of DTS / Dolby Lenovos/Toshibas/HPs for that money out there, if that's important.

Nice build quality I think. Last year's core i5 is great, testing it myself. Can Play modern-ish games on medium graphic settings like a breeze.

Advertisement