Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat CC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Not the facelift model for a start. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Facelift model only appeared from mid 2012 and has a slightly different front and rear lights.

On that car make sure to do a full history check and run the UK plate through the MOT vehicle check website here: https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/. DD is riddled with chancers selling clocked UK imports so make sure you do proper history checks on the car.

Also just in case you don't know the seller has a UK Audi A6 for sale also so is probably a dealer on the side of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Thanks ran it through the MOT website and the milage stacks up. He seems to be always selling uk cars, if it checks out tomorrow i will run a check to ensure it was never written off or has any finance attached to it. Any good websites to use for UK cars?

The Irish ones can check UK cars too but hpi.co.uk usually does good too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Nice shape but engines flywheels can be troublesome. VW diesel rep is in tatters.

• Advertisement

Thanks, anything to look out for in order to see if it is on the way out?

Nice shape but engines flywheels can be troublesome. VW diesel rep is in tatters.

Hasn't harmed sales or resale values here so far.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

bazz26 wrote:
    Hasn't harmed sales or resale values here so far.

People are frequently stupid.

People are frequently stupid.

The same could be said of any brand really. If Apple had a similar type scandal would people stop buying IPhones?

When the VW diesel gate scandal first broke we had the doom and gloom merchants telling us VW would be no more and you wouldn't be able to give their cars away either new or second hand. Over a year later and I'm still waiting for all these cheap worthless VWs to hit the market. They still offer some of the best cars and diesel engines in their respective market segments. Yes their profits might be down and their shareholders took a hit but the essence of their brand is still strong enough to absorb the scandal. Time moves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

bazz26 wrote: »
    Yes their profits might be down and their shareholders took a hit but the essence of their brand is still strong enough to absorb the scandal. Time moves on.

They've overcome bigger brand challenges in fairness.
    2009-09-05_112908_vw-hitler10b.jpg

• Advertisement

Doesn't seem to do Toyota sales any harm either:

toyota8n-5-web.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

CR TDI engine is pretty good to be fair so not sure where you are going with that.

Flywheels are troublesome maybe compared to a 1990 Carina II but not in comparison to any of its actual competitors. It's also worth pointing out that the flywheel job on the Passat costs less than the same job on a Mondeo, Avensis, Accord etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

CR TDI engine is pretty good to be fair so not sure where you are going with that.

Flywheels are troublesome maybe compared to a 1990 Carina II but not in comparison to any of its actual competitors. It's also worth pointing out that the flywheel job on the Passat costs less than the same job on a Mondeo, Avensis, Accord etc.

What you are saying makes sense but... :D

28-fingers-in-ears.jpg?w=760

This is the response you'll be getting.

Picked it up last night, thanks for all your inputs

04buV6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Irishder wrote: »
    Picked it up last night, thanks for all your inputs

04buV6

Let us know how it goes for you. I'm eying up a few in the UK for herself at the moment.

Let us know how it goes for you. I'm eying up a few in the UK for herself at the moment.

very pleased with it so far. Lots of extras, the radio/sat nav/phone is very good. heated/electric seats are also very good. I would definitely recommend a GT model.

Have it booked in for VRT next week, 3000 Euro to the tax man :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Great timing this thread, my sis is looking at an 11 one. GT 140 version. Stunning looking cars, but its manual, I would love to go for a DSG version myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Irishder wrote: »
    very pleased with it so far. Lots of extras, the radio/sat nav/phone is very good. heated/electric seats are also very good. I would definitely recommend a GT model.

Have it booked in for VRT next week, 3000 Euro to the tax man :eek:

It's a hard thing to do giving over a draft of that size :( The extras really do make a difference, my own passat estate has all the options and it makes it a much nicer place to be than the standard model, heated seats are one of my favourite..

If you buying make sure the aircon is working properly. Mine wasnt and i asked the guy i was buying it from to regas it. That didnt work either and he had to change the compressor. Think it was close to 500 euros to do so. They are a common failure.

Advertisement