Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approaching an issue of corruption in the Irish legal system??

Options
  • 17-07-2016 7:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

A very tender subject to broach of course because, no one likes to believe it might exist.

But a new colleague recently told me about an incident that happened to him, for which there was ultimately a cover up and denial of, from the highest level, given the perpetrators family contacts, and not only that, but they then followed up by bringing a counter law suit against the victim for.... wrongful accusation.... that part I'm not entirely clear on but, he made it evident he will have to foot a substantial bill, the degree of which could end up costing him his home.

It would appear to me, raising this issue publicly would be a positive first step to determining the means to correctly implement justice.

The victim suffered tremendous injury at the hands of deviancy, and is now paying for it with his home, where he has his wife and two young children.

It's just one of those things that, when I heard it, not only did it disgust me throughout the depths of my consciousness, but raises massive concern regarding the correct application of justice, and conveys the system that dealt with his case at least, as being characterized with a putrid sense of incompetence - and living in a country that allows that to prevail, is something that simply sits terribly badly with myself.

Really the approach that needs to be taken is, public awareness that something of this nature was allowed to transpire, being raised, and some asses need to get fried.

And with social media, cyber communication etc now-a-days, this is something that could most certainly be accomplished.

Even that case of the dude over in after hours that raised the issue of his rent allowance being withdrawn so he was forced to sleep in his car, despite the fact that he had a chronic illness that required home care - that was raised here - and next thing he is on five or six different radio shows around the country, and local county councilors and TD's are looking into the matter, which would ultimately go on to get resolved, purely as a result of the public outcry surrounding his case.
    Somewhere along the line, significant negligence was allowed to manifest, and an extremely vulnerable member of our community suffered at the hands of it.

Well, the case I raise is not dis-similar, except in this case, it is corruption and mal-intent, as oppose to negligence, that is the root of the issue at hand.

In terms of publicizing all ther petinent details of the case, the names, including work places and origins of the perpetrators - I'm curious - where would be a suitable place to do this - such that it would be permitted by boards.ie administrative staff??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

In terms of publicizing all ther petinent details of the case, the names, including work places and origins of the perpetrators - I'm curious - where would be a suitable place to do this ......

Nowhere.

He could be nuttier than squirrel sh!t, with some other alternate version of reality , and you'd land yourself and others in a whole heap of very serious trouble
    But a new colleague recently told me about an incident that happened to him, for which there was ultimately a cover up and denial of, from the highest level, given the perpetrators family contacts, and not only that, but they then followed up by bringing a counter law suit against the victim for.... wrongful accusation.... that part I'm not entirely clear on but, he made it evident he will have to foot a substantial bill, the degree of which could end up costing him his home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

Nowhere.

He could be nuttier than squirrel sh!t, with some other alternate version of reality , and you'd land yourself and others in a whole heap of very serious trouble

He's a new colleague, but I live in a small locality and have known of him for a long time.

I've had his version of accounts confirmed from multiple sources, and there's nothing crazy about him.
    He's a well liked dude that grew up here, many friends who speak highly of him, and I've had it unquestionably verified the incident which occurred, including places of business, and owner.
    It's been well documented.

Of course, cyber space, a passing reader may question the validity, given what's been presented, but reality is, exactly as I've described.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

In terms of publicizing all ther petinent details of the case, the names, including work places and origins of the perpetrators - I'm curious - where would be a suitable place to do this - such that it would be permitted by boards.ie administrative staff??

Mod note:

If this relates to legal discussion, the thread can remain open.

Otherwise, this thread may be moved to the Conspiracy Theories forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

He's a new colleague, but I live in a small locality and have known of him for a long time.

I've had his version of accounts confirmed from multiple sources, and there's nothing crazy about him.
    He's a well liked dude that grew up here, many friends who speak highly of him, and I've had it unquestionably verified the incident which occurred, including places of business, and owner.
    It's been well documented.

Of course, cyber space, a passing reader may question the validity, given what's been presented, but reality is, exactly as I've described.

"unquestionably verified" ..... so, you have proof then ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

gctest50 wrote: »
    "unquestionably verified" ..... so, you have proof then ?

tumblr_nhpzyfi7SA1tu1beso1_500.jpg
    Multiple source account confirmation.

I'm familiar with all parties involved, like I said, small community.

This is corruption.
    There was CCTV footage, which was concealed by a local county councilor and the business proprietor.

Proof - there's a reason they call it a "cover up".
    The perpetrators father was a high ranking member of the police department.

They committed a grotesquely violent, unprovoked act - for reasons best known to themselves.

If it was your son on the receiving end, with your grandkids potentially ending up homless, would you be so indifferent?

This is not a "conspiracy theory".
    This is a means to determine how to invoke the best method of legal recourse at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Not legal discussion. Thread closed and moved to the Conspiracy Theories forum. Please note their charter.

The mods of that forum can decide whether to reopen the thread or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement