Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to fix properly (cost to fix) exterior door handle

Options
  • 17-07-2016 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

Hi i just want to ask How much would this cost much to fix ??
    I tried it myself with the primer & paint but cannot get it to blend in. (1st time using primer & paint) Scratch repair kit from halfords.
    U see now when u look @ it. Someone scraped a trolley off the door handle.
    I cant get the lines to blend in again.
    They keep showing up.
    The two horozontal lines there
    Excuse the paint going down i was Trying to blend it but brush was too thin.
    Got a bit dirty when wiping with cloth.i have to clean it again anyway with a bit of white spirit.
    Any help how to do it properly would be appreciated.:):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Image doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Should work now thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Can't see the pic, but I would just ring a SMART repairer to respray the handle. It wouldn't be expensive.

Shouldn't look too tricky. If you can get handle off you can take it inside and spray it while flat

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I get the impression the op is using a water based touch up brush.

• Advertisement

Testing 392013.jpg

Tbh, it looks kinda messed up. You should sand down to smooth and start again, or get a pro.
    Are you using the right paint and primer?

Tnx. part on the left was my mistake. was trying to be perfectionist & & over did it. Must look again @ them.

Advertisement