Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about 2 year insurance

Options
  • 17-07-2016 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I seen on the CIC website its says:

"If your insurance policy is valid for less than your expected stay, you may be issued a work permit that expires at the same time as your insurance. If this happens, you will not be able to apply for an extension of your work permit at a later date."

Has anyone gone over with one year insurance and still got a two year permit and renewed their insurance over there? Or ended up with a one year permit and was able to apply for a new one?

Any info would be appreciated, just wanna double check before I book anything.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I have heard of several people who were issued shorter visas because their insurance didn't cover them. It's an incredible pain in the ass to resolve (if you even can), and it's not likely to pay off. The bureaucracy and effort involved far outstrips the cost of the extra year of insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jmd182

Faith wrote: »
    I have heard of several people who were issued shorter visas because their insurance didn't cover them. It's an incredible pain in the ass to resolve (if you even can), and it's not likely to pay off. The bureaucracy and effort involved far outstrips the cost of the extra year of insurance.

Hi Faith, you can get 2 years Insurance with Go4Less thats how I am booking mine. They seem to know all of the ins and outs...for 2 years its 299€

Advertisement