Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need 2 new front tyres for 8th generation Honda civic

Options
  • 17-07-2016 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭

Just looking fore recommendations for 2 new tyres for a 2009 Honda Civic I-Vtec?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

205/55/16 tyres yeah?

I find Michelin energy very good on the civic. Give a nice ride and don't make much noise, grip very well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭billyhead

Thanks Colm. Yes thats the size

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Goodyear efficient grip performance.

Dont want o spend more then €90 on a tyre. Are there any decent ones around this price range. I was quoted €89 for Kingstar tyres but dont know much about them.

King star are rubbish. I got the michelins for €80 each.

Avoid that place if they quoted you €90 for those.

• Advertisement

Eiretyres are doing Bridgestone turanzas for €60.80 or good year efficient grip for €63 delivered. Add on €10-15 each For fitting and balancing locally and you're well under budget.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    King star are rubbish. I got the michelins for €80 each.

Avoid that place if they quoted you €90 for those.

Were did you get the Michelins for €80 Colm

I'm down the country, but there's a chain of tyre places down here called tyre stop. Got them there.
    Point is, don't spend €90 on crap tyres. 205/55/16 is a really common and inexpensive size, €80-90 gets you premium brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Eiretyres are doing Bridgestone turanzas for €60.80 or good year efficient grip for €63 delivered. Add on €10-15 each For fitting and balancing locally and you're well under budget.

not a bad option.

the is 4x Turanzas on mine, I know it's early days but they seem well suited to the car, grip is decent and there isn't much road noise through them imo, they would be a decent buy for €60 a corner.

there was a civic traded into work there Saturday too, 08 with the 16" wheels and Turanzas on it too, I wonder were these the OE tyre?

Yes, Bridgestone would have been factory fit on 16 inch wheels, type r's had michelins, and the newer shape got continentals.
    (Generally)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,133 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Discount Tyres in Blanchardstown are advertising Dunlop Bluresponse tyres in 205/55/16 for €84 each fitted and balanced on their website. They have Michelin CrossClimate in that size for €105 each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Cambells garage are doing Hankooks for 72 a corner. I had them on my first mondeo and found them great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

Would Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance at 62.70 a corner be a good option from eiretyres?
    They seem well reviewed and the price is right too.

If I was to buy tyres online would a mechanic or garage such as advance pitstop, fast fit etc fit them or would they refuse online purchased tyres?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

The tyre chains can be iffy about it but most independent places don't have an issue.

Advertisement